a small-gui for python/win32 ?

marco

this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
it worked only on win32 platform

AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)

i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
i cant find it again ;-(

perhaps someone could help me ?
(don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

rzed

this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
it worked only on win32 platform

AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)

i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
i cant find it again ;-(

perhaps someone could help me ?
(don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

One possibility:
http://www.ferg.org/easygui/

Thomas Heller

marco said:
this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
it worked only on win32 platform

AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)

i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
i cant find it again ;-(

perhaps someone could help me ?
(don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html ?

Thomas

Chris S.

marco said:
this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
it worked only on win32 platform

AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)

i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
i cant find it again ;-(

perhaps someone could help me ?
(don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

Doesn't Python come bundled with Tkinter? Isn't Tkinter cross-platform
compatible? What's wrong with Tk?

For the record, Tk and Wx work on windows. Tk is about as simple a gui
library as you can get.

marco

Chris S. a écrit :
Doesn't Python come bundled with Tkinter? Isn't Tkinter cross-platform
compatible? What's wrong with Tk?

For the record, Tk and Wx work on windows. Tk is about as simple a gui
library as you can get.

i know, i know ... i am a wx addict (i hate the render of tk)
i'm not looking for full gui cross platform
just for a simple api wich call the real dialogbox of windows
(selectfolder, selectFile(s), input a text, messagebox ...)

marco

marco a écrit :
this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
it worked only on win32 platform

AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)

i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
i cant find it again ;-(

perhaps someone could help me ?
(don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

YES ... i found it again ... and bookmarked too !!!!

its name is "easydialog", and is here :
http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html

thanx for all your answers

Chris S.

marco said:
i know, i know ... i am a wx addict (i hate the render of tk)
i'm not looking for full gui cross platform
just for a simple api wich call the real dialogbox of windows
(selectfolder, selectFile(s), input a text, messagebox ...)

I thought tk on windows used the native windows rendering style? At
least, I couldn't tell the difference between tk and a native windows
gui when I used it.