    i cant find it again ;-(

    perhaps someone could help me ?
    (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)
    marco, Jun 24, 2004

  2. marco

    rzed Guest

    marco <> wrote in news:40db01fb$0$17144
    $:

    > this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
    > a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
    > messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
    > it worked only on win32 platform
    >
    > AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
    >
    > i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
    > i cant find it again ;-(
    >
    > perhaps someone could help me ?
    > (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

    One possibility:
    http://www.ferg.org/easygui/

    --
    rzed
    rzed, Jun 24, 2004

  3. marco <> writes:

    > this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
    > a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
    > messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
    > it worked only on win32 platform
    >
    > AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
    >
    > i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
    > i cant find it again ;-(
    >
    > perhaps someone could help me ?
    > (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

    http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html ?

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Jun 24, 2004
  4. marco

    Chris S. Guest

    marco wrote:

    > this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
    > a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
    > messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
    > it worked only on win32 platform
    >
    > AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
    >
    > i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
    > i cant find it again ;-(
    >
    > perhaps someone could help me ?
    > (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

    Doesn't Python come bundled with Tkinter? Isn't Tkinter cross-platform
    compatible? What's wrong with Tk?

    For the record, Tk and Wx work on windows. Tk is about as simple a gui
    library as you can get.
    Chris S., Jun 25, 2004
  5. marco

    marco Guest

    Thomas Heller a écrit :

    >>this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
    >>a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
    >>messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
    >>it worked only on win32 platform
    >>
    >>AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
    >>
    >>i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
    >>i cant find it again ;-(
    >>
    >>perhaps someone could help me ?
    >>(don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

    > http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html ?

    no ;-(
    but it is the same concept ...
    the one i searcge, use real hte dialogboxes from windows
    and on the screenshots, windows decoration was a xp blue theme (i remember)

    marco, Jun 25, 2004
  6. marco

    marco Guest

    Chris S. a écrit :

    > marco wrote:
    >
    >> this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
    >> a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
    >> messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
    >> it worked only on win32 platform
    >>
    >> AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
    >>
    >> i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
    >> i cant find it again ;-(
    >>
    >> perhaps someone could help me ?
    >> (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

    > Doesn't Python come bundled with Tkinter? Isn't Tkinter cross-platform
    > compatible? What's wrong with Tk?
    >
    > For the record, Tk and Wx work on windows. Tk is about as simple a gui
    > library as you can get.

    i know, i know ... i am a wx addict (i hate the render of tk)
    i'm not looking for full gui cross platform
    just for a simple api wich call the real dialogbox of windows
    (selectfolder, selectFile(s), input a text, messagebox ...)
    marco, Jun 25, 2004
  7. marco

    marco Guest

    marco a écrit :

    > this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
    > a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
    > messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
    > it worked only on win32 platform
    >
    > AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
    >
    > i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
    > i cant find it again ;-(
    >
    > perhaps someone could help me ?
    > (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ... ;-)

    YES ... i found it again ... and bookmarked too !!!!

    its name is "easydialog", and is here :
    http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html

    thanx for all your answers
    marco, Jun 25, 2004
  8. Thomas Heller, Jun 25, 2004
  9. marco

    Chris S. Guest

    marco wrote:

    > i know, i know ... i am a wx addict (i hate the render of tk)
    > i'm not looking for full gui cross platform
    > just for a simple api wich call the real dialogbox of windows
    > (selectfolder, selectFile(s), input a text, messagebox ...)

    I thought tk on windows used the native windows rendering style? At
    least, I couldn't tell the difference between tk and a native windows
    gui when I used it.
    Chris S., Jun 26, 2004