a statefull ejb doesn't get the timeout.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tiwkiz, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Tiwkiz

    Tiwkiz Guest

    We've been trying to find a solution for having a statefull ejb doesn't get
    the timeout.

    We are going to have a universal session table in database. Every 2,3
    seconds( this period of time is shorter than the timeout set in application
    server ) ejb is going to update the session updated time in order to prove
    the session existed a couple of seconds ago. If an user is disconnected from
    logout or network problem, the server knows the session wasn't updated and
    clean this session.

    This doesn't sound good but only solution we found so far. setting the big
    number timeout value doesn't work because if the user is disconnected from
    network cable problem there is no way for the server to know.

    If there is a better way please let me know.

    Tiwkiz, Jan 11, 2007

  2. Tiwkiz

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:38:32 -0000, Tiwkiz <> wrote:

    > We've been trying to find a solution for having a statefull ejb doesn't
    > get
    > the timeout.

    The EJB Timer Service cannot be used with stateful session beans, only
    with entity beans and stateless session beans.

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    https://watchmaker.dev.java.net - Evolutionary Algorithm Framework for Java