    the tables. But, I cannot see the trees from the wood.
    Can someone please isolate the essential lines of code that are at the
    core of this nice table layout and explain how it is done?
    Cogito, May 13, 2005

  2. Cogito wrote:

    > I have looked at the source code of this site:
    > http://www.caedes.net/
    > attempting to understand how the rounded corners and frame is added to
    > the tables. But, I cannot see the trees from the wood.
    > Can someone please isolate the essential lines of code that are at the
    > core of this nice table layout and explain how it is done?

    Images in the corners, it really isn't good markup. Try this instead:
    http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=RoundedCorners

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
    David Dorward, May 13, 2005

  3. Cogito wrote:
    > I have looked at the source code of this site:
    > http://www.caedes.net/
    > attempting to understand how the rounded corners and frame is added to
    > the tables. But, I cannot see the trees from the wood.
    > Can someone please isolate the essential lines of code that are at the
    > core of this nice table layout and explain how it is done?

    They use images. The absolute easiest way to do something like this is
    to have a thin div at the top with a background image of the top
    corners, a thin div at the bottom with a background image of the bottom
    corners, and a content div(s) in the middle with a repeating background
    image of the vertical lines. That method is the easiest and it works in
    virtually every browser.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, May 13, 2005
  4. Cogito

    Cogito Guest

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 08:19:50 +0100, David Dorward <>
    wrote:

    >Images in the corners, it really isn't good markup. Try this instead:
    >http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=RoundedCorners

    Thanks for the link. To say the truth, some of the examples are way
    over my head. But, I managed to copy the forth example 'simple box by
    tedd' and got it to work.
    Who knows, one day I may even understand it.
    Cogito, May 13, 2005
  5. Cogito

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 06:41:50 GMT, Cogito <> wrote:

    >I have looked at the source code of this site:
    >http://www.caedes.net/
    >attempting to understand how the rounded corners and frame is added to
    >the tables.

    Also read the thread "How do they do it? (Rounded corners, that is.)"
  6. On Fri, 13 May 2005 06:41:50 GMT, Cogito <> wrote:

    >I have looked at the source code of this site:
    >http://www.caedes.net/
    >attempting to understand how the rounded corners and frame is added to
    >the tables. But, I cannot see the trees from the wood.
    >Can someone please isolate the essential lines of code that are at the
    >core of this nice table layout and explain how it is done?

    If you looked at that site with firefox, used their webdeveloper
    extension, by hitting 'outline/table cells'
    you would have been able to see the table construction very easily,
    without even looking at the code
    you could then see that the corners were 1/4 circles

    download ff and use it, you'll learn a lot about how other people
    write sites

    you'll also be surprised at how poor the standards are for some well
    thought of sites
    Regards

    David M Wicker
    www.atf-uk.co.uk