<A> tag and https:

wannaknow

Do I have to use a fully qualified url when putting an <A HREF=> tag
on my web page?

I wish I could do this :

or:

or something else. It seems to get to the secure port it wants the
full url with domain and everything.

Any ideas on how to simplify the link?

Toby A Inkster

wannaknow said:
It seems to get to the secure port it wants the
full url with domain and everything.

Yes -- if you're linking to the same server, different port, you will need
to include the protocol and domain name. Though you can use server-side
functions to calculate those dynamically.