A tricky one! (at least for me) - Visual Studio 'design view' problem

Luis Ferrao

Happy new year everyone.

I'm building a templated website. For each individual content page I
have a UserControl that holds the content.

The UserControl inherits from a custom PlaceHolder class.

Everything works great, well, everything but one small thing really.

When I try to use the Visual Studio 'design view' to open and edit my
content pages (which hold the content *inside* UserControl tags),
there's only the small box representing my UserControl.

Q: Is it possible to make the designer ignore the usercontrol tags so
the html inside them can still be viewed and edited in the 'design
view'?

Luis

Guest

unfortunatly, it's not yet possible.

I think that the design-time rendering for User Control has been improved in
the framework 2.2 and VS.NET 2005.