A visitor from Redmond came to my site,,,

marss

A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
e.sortdirection").

I don't even know what to say....
Mykola

Travis Newbury

A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
e.sortdirection").

thanks for sharing

d d

marss said:
A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
(keywords: "gridview e.sortdirection").
I don't even know what to say....

How about saying "I guess those keywords must be on a page on my site"
and google are doing a fine job. Of course they should have been using
MSN search ;-)

Do you somehow put anyone at Redmond on a god-like pedestal? I know half
a dozen people that work there. Regular people that put their gold shoes
on one at a time ;-)

~dd

marss

Travis said:
thanks for sharing

Don't mention it.

I am surprised because I really think highly of Microsoft (as ~dd
rightly observed). Sorting of GridView in ASP.Net is a task comparable
by complexity with addition of event handler on button click in
javascript.

Gwin

A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
e.sortdirection").

I don't even know what to say....
Mykola

a visitor from roswell came to mine
after some load and probe testing, i think it'll be a while until i
can walk right again

fukkin aliens

Oliver Wong

marss said:
A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
e.sortdirection").

I don't even know what to say....

There are plenty of boring explanations:

* Someone wanted to demonstrate to somehow else how easy it is to find
documentation on GridView.
* Someone wanted to find out how easy it is to find documentation on
GridView.
* Someone was looking for a very specific blog entry that flattered or
flamed him, and these are the keywords he remember being mentioned in the
entry.
* Someone who doesn't work with .NET much (perhaps mainly working on
Office?) wanted to find out how GridView works.
* Someone stepped out of their office while someone else was using their
computer.
* Someone lives in Redmond, but doesn't work for Microsoft.
etc.

Of course, the most fun explanation is to imagine a senior .NET developer
(perhaps THE inventor of .NEt himself) needing to go to your site to find
out how his own product works.

- Oliver

Toby A Inkster

John said:
MS staff like other developers (if thats who it was) sometimes have to look
at examples - they are not information omnipotent.

One would like to hope that they have a complete manual (with good
examples) somewhere internally though.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.12-12mdksmp, up 22 days, 14:40.]

demiblog 0.2.0 Released
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2007/06/28/demiblog-0.2.0/

SpaceGirl

A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
e.sortdirection").

I don't even know what to say....
Mykola

Do you realise how many programmers MS employ? 100,000? More?

SpaceGirl

How many programmers does it take to get a blue screen....? ;-)

I think they follow the whole "give enough monkeys computers and
eventually they'll produce something that works" approach. It clearly
doesn't work.

Els

SpaceGirl said:
I think they follow the whole "give enough monkeys computers and
eventually they'll produce something that works" approach. It clearly
doesn't work.

Not enough monkeys then.