    e.sortdirection").

    I don't even know what to say....
    Mykola

    marss, Jul 12, 2007

  2. On Jul 12, 9:35 am, marss <> wrote:
    > A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
    > Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
    > e.sortdirection").

    thanks for sharing

    Travis Newbury, Jul 12, 2007

  3. marss

    d d Guest

    marss wrote:
    > A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
    > (keywords: "gridview e.sortdirection").
    > I don't even know what to say....

    How about saying "I guess those keywords must be on a page on my site"
    and google are doing a fine job. Of course they should have been using
    MSN search ;-)

    Do you somehow put anyone at Redmond on a god-like pedestal? I know half
    a dozen people that work there. Regular people that put their gold shoes
    on one at a time ;-)

    ~dd

    d d, Jul 12, 2007
  4. Sounds like a virus infested Microsoft computer out of control.

    Ignoramus10137, Jul 12, 2007
  5. marss

    marss Guest

    Travis Newbury wrote:

    > thanks for sharing

    Don't mention it.

    I am surprised because I really think highly of Microsoft (as ~dd
    rightly observed). Sorting of GridView in ASP.Net is a task comparable
    by complexity with addition of event handler on button click in
    javascript.

    marss, Jul 12, 2007
  6. marss

    Gwin Guest

    On Jul 12, 6:35 am, marss <> wrote:
    > A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
    > Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
    > e.sortdirection").
    >
    > I don't even know what to say....
    > Mykola

    a visitor from roswell came to mine
    after some load and probe testing, i think it'll be a while until i
    can walk right again

    fukkin aliens

    Gwin, Jul 12, 2007
  7. marss

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "marss" <> wrote in message
    >A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
    > Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
    > e.sortdirection").
    >
    > I don't even know what to say....

    There are plenty of boring explanations:

    * Someone wanted to demonstrate to somehow else how easy it is to find
    documentation on GridView.
    * Someone wanted to find out how easy it is to find documentation on
    GridView.
    * Someone was looking for a very specific blog entry that flattered or
    flamed him, and these are the keywords he remember being mentioned in the
    entry.
    * Someone who doesn't work with .NET much (perhaps mainly working on
    Office?) wanted to find out how GridView works.
    * Someone stepped out of their office while someone else was using their
    computer.
    * Someone lives in Redmond, but doesn't work for Microsoft.
    etc.

    Of course, the most fun explanation is to imagine a senior .NET developer
    (perhaps THE inventor of .NEt himself) needing to go to your site to find
    out how his own product works.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Jul 12, 2007
  8. MS staff like other developers (if thats who it was) sometimes have to look
    at examples - they are not information omnipotent.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 12, 2007
  9. marss

    Gwin Guest

    On Jul 12, 1:47 pm, "John Timney \(MVP\)"
    <> wrote:
    > MS staff like other developers (if thats who it was) sometimes have to look
    > at examples - they are not information omnipotent.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > John Timney (MVP)http://www.johntimney.comhttp://www.johntimney.com/blog
    >
    > "marss" <> wrote in message

    > > Travis Newbury wrote:

    > >> thanks for sharing

    > > Don't mention it.

    > > I am surprised because I really think highly of Microsoft (as ~dd
    > > rightly observed). Sorting of GridView in ASP.Net is a task comparable
    > > by complexity with addition of event handler on button click in
    > > javascript.- Hide quoted text -

    christ man
    it was a fukkin janitor in the caf at lunch just surfin

    what the fuk

    can someone from MS kill this fukkin thread?

    plz

    Gwin, Jul 12, 2007
  10. lol........why would a janitor be looking up gridview sorting?

    John Timney \(MVP\), Jul 12, 2007
  11. marss

    Gwin Guest

    On Jul 12, 2:30 pm, "John Timney \(MVP\)"
    <> wrote:
    > lol........why would a janitor be looking up gridview sorting?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > John Timney (MVP)http://www.johntimney.comhttp://www.johntimney.com/blog
    >
    > "Gwin" <> wrote in message

    > > On Jul 12, 1:47 pm, "John Timney \(MVP\)"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >> MS staff like other developers (if thats who it was) sometimes have to
    > >> look
    > >> at examples - they are not information omnipotent.

    > >> Regards

    > >> John Timney (MVP)http://www.johntimney.comhttp://www.johntimney.com/blog

    > >> "marss" <> wrote in message

    > > christ man
    > > it was a fukkin janitor in the caf at lunch just surfin

    > > what the fuk

    > > can someone from MS kill this fukkin thread?

    > > plz- Hide quoted text -

    it don't fall too far from the tree's up there
    staff infection

    Gwin, Jul 12, 2007
  12. John Timney \(MVP\) wrote:

    > MS staff like other developers (if thats who it was) sometimes have to look
    > at examples - they are not information omnipotent.

    One would like to hope that they have a complete manual (with good
    examples) somewhere internally though.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    [OS: Linux 2.6.12-12mdksmp, up 22 days, 14:40.]

    demiblog 0.2.0 Released
    http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2007/06/28/demiblog-0.2.0/

    Toby A Inkster, Jul 13, 2007
  13. marss

    SpaceGirl Guest

    On Jul 12, 2:35 pm, marss <> wrote:
    > A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
    > Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
    > e.sortdirection").
    >
    > I don't even know what to say....
    > Mykola

    Do you realise how many programmers MS employ? 100,000? More?

    SpaceGirl, Jul 13, 2007
  14. SpaceGirl wrote:
    > On Jul 12, 2:35 pm, marss <> wrote:
    >> A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
    >> Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
    >> e.sortdirection").
    >>
    >> I don't even know what to say....
    >> Mykola

    > Do you realise how many programmers MS employ? 100,000? More?

    How many programmers does it take to get a blue screen....? ;-)

    The Natural Philosopher, Jul 13, 2007
  15. marss

    SpaceGirl Guest

    On Jul 13, 1:29 pm, The Natural Philosopher <> wrote:
    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    > > On Jul 12, 2:35 pm, marss <> wrote:
    > >> A visitor from Redmond came to my site. Through Google search.
    > >> Searched how to sort GridView(.Net) (keywords: "gridview
    > >> e.sortdirection").

    > >> I don't even know what to say....
    > >> Mykola

    > > Do you realise how many programmers MS employ? 100,000? More?

    > How many programmers does it take to get a blue screen....? ;-)

    I think they follow the whole "give enough monkeys computers and
    eventually they'll produce something that works" approach. It clearly
    doesn't work.

    SpaceGirl, Jul 13, 2007
  16. marss

    Els Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    >>> Do you realise how many programmers MS employ? 100,000? More?

    >> How many programmers does it take to get a blue screen....? ;-)

    > I think they follow the whole "give enough monkeys computers and
    > eventually they'll produce something that works" approach. It clearly
    > doesn't work.

    Not enough monkeys then.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Jul 13, 2007
  17. Els wrote:

    >>> How many programmers does it take to get a blue screen....? ;-)

    >> I think they follow the whole "give enough monkeys computers and
    >> eventually they'll produce something that works" approach. It clearly
    >> doesn't work.

    > Not enough monkeys then.

    Too many pee-nutz

    The Natural Philosopher, Jul 13, 2007
  18. marss

    Guest

    On 13 Jul, 14:03, Els <> wrote:

    > >> How many programmers does it take to get a blue screen....? ;-)

    > > I think they follow the whole "give enough monkeys computers and
    > > eventually they'll produce something that works" approach. It clearly
    > > doesn't work.

    > Not enough monkeys then.
    >
    > --
    > Els http://locusmeus.com/

    theres NEVER enough monkeys in my book. Monkeys rule.

    Paul

    , Jul 13, 2007

    http://www.rathergood.com/monkeyinvaders.htm

    The Natural Philosopher, Jul 13, 2007