A visitor from Redmond came to my site,,,

nahid

There are plenty of boring explanations:

* Someone wanted to demonstrate to somehow else how easy it is to find
documentation on GridView.
* Someone wanted to find out how easy it is to find documentation on
GridView.
* Someone was looking for a very specific blog entry that flattered or
flamed him, and these are the keywords he remember being mentioned in the
entry.
* Someone who doesn't work with .NET much (perhaps mainly working on
Office?) wanted to find out how GridView works.
* Someone stepped out of their office while someone else was using their
computer.
* Someone lives in Redmond, but doesn't work for Microsoft.
etc.

Of course, the most fun explanation is to imagine a senior .NET developer
(perhaps THE inventor of .NEt himself) needing to go to your site to find
out how his own product works.

- Oliver

in addition some one may want to help some body else( in forum ) and
want a good reference

Oliver Wong

Toby A Inkster said:
One would like to hope that they have a complete manual (with good
examples) somewhere internally though.

Yeah, but that manual wasn't handed down from God or anything like
that. Other humans wrote it, and sometimes they neglect to give examples
for certain concepts. I've had to write documentation for our products,
and it's not a fun nor easy job.

Hopefully, though, if this is indeed what happened (I've posted other
possible scenarios elsewhere in the thread), the developer would have
notified the appropriate person to update the manual. Though I wouldn't be
surprised if, in a large bureaucracy environment, such requests would also
get lost.

- Oliver