A way to forward users to other websites - transparently

Discussion in 'HTML' started by C. Osbourne, May 5, 2006.

  1. C. Osbourne

    C. Osbourne Guest

    Is anyone here, aware of any existing HTML
    code or package that will forward the user to
    one of 5-10 other web sites, in a transparent
    fashion, keeping track of who was sent where?

    The application is a popular single word domain,
    such as www.tires.com. users that go there,
    would be sent to one of 5-10 different tire outlets,
    who would be then be charged per user that
    was transferred to their site from tires.com.

    I can't be the first one that has a need for this.
    Is there a common name for this type of
    application, or a plug and play HTML package
    that is for sale that does this type of thing?

    Thanks for your helpful reply.

    C. Osbourne, May 5, 2006

  2. C. Osbourne

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, "C. Osbourne"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Is anyone here, aware of any existing HTML
    > code or package that will forward the user to
    > one of 5-10 other web sites, in a transparent
    > fashion, keeping track of who was sent where?

    No - HTML can't *do* anything. But what you want would be relatively
    simple to implement using any server-side language, such as PHP.

    > I can't be the first one that has a need for this.

    Probably not. :)

    > Is there a common name for this type of
    > application, or a plug and play HTML package
    > that is for sale that does this type of thing?

    I've never had cause to look for one, so couldn't say. But try
    http://hotscripts.com/ - chances are there will be something there for
    you.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:

    Mark Parnell, May 5, 2006