A way to forward users to other websites - transparently

C. Osbourne

Is anyone here, aware of any existing HTML
code or package that will forward the user to
one of 5-10 other web sites, in a transparent
fashion, keeping track of who was sent where?

The application is a popular single word domain,
such as www.tires.com. users that go there,
would be sent to one of 5-10 different tire outlets,
who would be then be charged per user that
was transferred to their site from tires.com.

I can't be the first one that has a need for this.
Is there a common name for this type of
application, or a plug and play HTML package
that is for sale that does this type of thing?

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, "C. Osbourne"
Is anyone here, aware of any existing HTML
code or package that will forward the user to
one of 5-10 other web sites, in a transparent
fashion, keeping track of who was sent where?

No - HTML can't *do* anything. But what you want would be relatively
simple to implement using any server-side language, such as PHP.
I can't be the first one that has a need for this.

Probably not. :)
Is there a common name for this type of
application, or a plug and play HTML package
that is for sale that does this type of thing?

I've never had cause to look for one, so couldn't say. But try
http://hotscripts.com/ - chances are there will be something there for
you.