A way to "require 'warnings'"

Jason Creighton

It would be nice if there was a "warnings.rb" file in the standard
distribution that contained:

$VERBOSE = true

...so you could say

require 'warnings'

in a script, which, IMHO, reads a little better than "$VERBOSE = true"

What do you think?

Jason Creighton

Joel VanderWerf

Jason said:
It would be nice if there was a "warnings.rb" file in the standard
distribution that contained:

$VERBOSE = true

...so you could say

require 'warnings'

in a script, which, IMHO, reads a little better than "$VERBOSE = true"

What do you think?

Makes sense. Or it could be 'ant.rb' instead of 'warnings.rb' so that
you could say

$ ruby -rant -e 'p Math.cos 0'
-e:1: warning: parenthesize argument(s) for future version
1.0

Jason Creighton

Makes sense. Or it could be 'ant.rb' instead of 'warnings.rb' so that
you could say

$ ruby -rant -e 'p Math.cos 0'
-e:1: warning: parenthesize argument(s) for future version
1.0

Oh! Neat idea! We could also have 'ave.rb' as an alias. :)

Jason Creighton