    use, and then use them in HTML as you would any other.

    RB

    , Aug 31, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hello -
    >
    > Does there exist any method to send fonts to the user then use those
    > fonts in HTML documents? I know you can stream fonts with Flash/SVG,
    > but it would be great to be able to upload whatever fonts you want to
    > use, and then use them in HTML as you would any other.

    Jeez! How many times can this come up in a week? Have you tried
    Google? This came up a couple of days ago.

    --
    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Aug 31, 2005

  3. Obvious Guest

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:17:04 +0100, Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Hello -
    >>
    >> Does there exist any method to send fonts to the user then use those
    >> fonts in HTML documents? I know you can stream fonts with Flash/SVG,
    >> but it would be great to be able to upload whatever fonts you want to
    >> use, and then use them in HTML as you would any other.

    > Jeez! How many times can this come up in a week? Have you tried
    > Google? This came up a couple of days ago.

    Three this week I think, or was that a rhetorical question? ;-)

    Obvious, Aug 31, 2005
  4. Obvious wrote:
    > On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:17:04 +0100, Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hello -
    >>>
    >>> Does there exist any method to send fonts to the user then use those
    >>> fonts in HTML documents? I know you can stream fonts with Flash/SVG,
    >>> but it would be great to be able to upload whatever fonts you want to
    >>> use, and then use them in HTML as you would any other.

    >> Jeez! How many times can this come up in a week? Have you tried
    >> Google? This came up a couple of days ago.

    > Three this week I think, or was that a rhetorical question? ;-)

    I don't think I saw *that* many, or was that a rhetorical question? :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 31, 2005
  5. Hywel Jenkins wrote :
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hello -
    >>
    >> Does there exist any method to send fonts to the user then use those
    >> fonts in HTML documents? I know you can stream fonts with Flash/SVG,
    >> but it would be great to be able to upload whatever fonts you want to
    >> use, and then use them in HTML as you would any other.

    > Jeez! How many times can this come up in a week? Have you tried
    > Google? This came up a couple of days ago.

    Your reaction, a very fair and legitimate one, just proves the need to
    document frequently asked questions somewhere so that we can easily
    provide a simple sentence along with a link.

    alt.html FAQ goes very silent in this very page:

    How do I get a page to show a font that the user doesn't have?
    http://www.html-faq.com/htmlembed/?embedfonts

    while the Web Authoring FAQ
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/
    is also silent on this issue. I think the Web Authoring FAQ is also
    rusty, outdated on several issues...

    Gérard
    --
    remove blah to email me

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=, Sep 1, 2005
  6. rf Guest

    Gérard Talbot wrote:

    > alt.html FAQ goes very silent in this very page:

    There is no point in an alt.html FAQ.

    Those who see it and read it don't need to.

    Those who need to read it don't see it. They barge in here (these days
    usually from the ever to be damned groups.google) and demand a question be
    answered NOW, without reading or even seeing the history, let alone the FAQ.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 1, 2005
  7. Obvious Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:44:54 GMT, rf wrote:

    > Gérard Talbot wrote:
    >
    >> alt.html FAQ goes very silent in this very page:

    > There is no point in an alt.html FAQ.
    >
    > Those who see it and read it don't need to.
    >
    > Those who need to read it don't see it. They barge in here (these days
    > usually from the ever to be damned groups.google) and demand a question be
    > answered NOW, without reading or even seeing the history, let alone the FAQ.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    What amazes me is that if they know about google groups, how come they
    don't seem to know how to use the google search and find most of the damn
    answers that way.

    Obvious, Sep 1, 2005
  8. Obvious wrote :
    > On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:44:54 GMT, rf wrote:
    >

    >>Gérard Talbot wrote:
    >>

    >>>alt.html FAQ goes very silent in this very page:

    >>There is no point in an alt.html FAQ.
    >>
    >>Those who see it and read it don't need to.
    >>
    >>Those who need to read it don't see it. They barge in here (these days
    >>usually from the ever to be damned groups.google) and demand a question be
    >>answered NOW, without reading or even seeing the history, let alone the FAQ.
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>Richard.

    > What amazes me is that if they know about google groups, how come they
    > don't seem to know how to use the google search and find most of the damn
    > answers that way.

    1st reason: people often poorly word the subject of their post. "Help
    me!", "Question about font", "How do I do this?" are typical of post in
    many web programming newsgroups. Therefore, searching in google groups
    become often a waste of time.

    2nd reason: no HTML FAQ available has answered this particular question
    of fonts. I still think the best thing to do is to add frequently
    answered questions into documents for this purpose and to educate people
    into writing meaningful, descriptive subject line. Personally, I avoid
    deliberately posts with poor wording of subject line.

    Gérard
    --
    remove blah to email me

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=, Sep 1, 2005

    I did do a cursory search and didn't find it quickly. The reason I
    just decided to "post it" is because technology moves so quickly, often
    the answers to the same question changes over a 3 month period.

    , Sep 1, 2005
  10. Obvious Guest

    On 1 Sep 2005 13:13:55 -0700, wrote:

    > I did do a cursory search and didn't find it quickly. The reason I
    > just decided to "post it" is because technology moves so quickly, often
    > the answers to the same question changes over a 3 month period.

    Yes but not usually over three days! The last question on this topic was
    28/08/2005 and the title was almost the same as yours. Go figure.

    Obvious, Sep 2, 2005
  11. pmingo

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Just one funny thing, I came to this post PRECISELY searching for an answer to that question. This post is the FIRST result in my search, and it only contains off-topic information.

    Instead of all this bla bla a short answer, or even deleting the post should be better than this. Well, that's my opinion.

    pmingo, Feb 5, 2008