    a Windows XP system which includes DOS. I'm learning Perl. Where can I
    find the a2p?

    Scottie

    Scottie, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Scottie

    Ben Morrow Guest

    (Scottie) wrote:
    > I have a bunch of awk programs which I want to convert to Perl. I have
    > a Windows XP system which includes DOS.

    No it doesn't (thank God).

    > I'm learning Perl.

    If you're learning Perl, the output of a2p is not a good place to
    start. If you just want to get the things working under win32,
    though...

    > Where can I find the a2p?

    ....you can get perl for windows from activestate.com. a2p is included.

    Ben

    --
    And if you wanna make sense / Whatcha looking at me for? (Fiona Apple)
    * *

    Ben Morrow, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Ben,

    Thanks. I just wanted to find out how someone would, in awk, use
    "getline", etc. and convert it into Perl. Something pretty simple like
    that.

    > > Where can I find the a2p?

    > ...you can get perl for windows from activestate.com. a2p is included.

    Thanks again.

    Scottie

    Scottie, Feb 11, 2004