Ability to change ASP.NET version is disabled

TheCornjerker

Sorry for the cross-posting, but I thought this was a better forum to
get the answer. I posted it in the Sharepoint forum as well.

I've upgraded to WSS3 but I'm getting a "Server Application
Unavailable" error when I click on any of the header links : "Documents

and Lists" "Create" "Site Settings", etc. Basically it's anything in
the "_layouts" virtual directory. I think I've tracked down the
problem but I don't know how to fix it.

When I right click on the "Default Web Site", choose Properties and the

ASP.NET tab, it shows a version of 2.0.50727. When I do the samething
for the "_layouts" virtual directory under the default web site, it
shows an ASP.NET version of 1.1.4322. But the ability to change the
version is disabled. All other virtual directories under the default
web site are set to version 2.0.50727.

How can I change the _layouts directory to be 2.0.50727?

Thanks

TheCornjerker

Fixed. I ran a aspnet_regiis.exe -i to fix. This upgrades all IIS to
version 2.