ABNORMAL PROGRAM TERMINATION Control Panel CBUILDER 6

R6_2003

Hello all,

i dunno if that's the right newsgroup to ask, but i'll try, please
ignore me if u feel its not 0:)

i've been messing with a control panel app for so long.. previously i
was using Microsoft Visual C++ 6 and had ZERO problems, but now at
work we switched to Borland C++ 6.0.

The control panel applet i did contains a simple form with a
PageControl and some buttons, it works fine and all, except that,
sometimes, the first time i open windows control panel, after copying
the .cpl to windows system directory, i get "Abnormal program
termination" error, explorer crashes and restarts itself, now after
this if i open the control panel again it works fine...

Sometimes it just works even at the first launch, i tried it on
another box and it does same thing.

I noticed that if i install the cpl, then reboot, then let the system
boot nicely (wait before it did every initialization, launched every
service and so on) and open the control panel it works, if instead i
open the cpanel while hd is still loading other programs/etc it
crashes 100%.

Can this some form of timeout? maybe windows control panel wants each
..cpl to answer to inquire messages in a short period? (consiering the
amount of bloat the cpl has to load, cc3260mt.dll, borlndmm.dll, some
stupid bpl files and all it might take too long).

I even tried disabling "Build with runtime packages" (so it includes
the .bpl fiels in the .cpl itself) but i even get worse problems, like
windows cpanel crashing everytime i open it.

This has been pissing me very much for the whole freaking morning,
damn it, any1 know what im doing wrong ?

Peter van Merkerk

i dunno if that's the right newsgroup to ask, but i'll try, please
ignore me if u feel its not 0:)

I won't ignore you... but please try one of the newsgroups on the
newsgroups.borland.com newsserver, those newsgroups are dedicated to
Borland products so you are more likely to get a good peer reviewed
answer there. See also http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt