    I hope you can help me

    C yaaaa - Kimo

    , Mar 16, 2008

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 16 mrt 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Hi there
    >
    > I hope i am in the right forum here.
    > Once i visited a website - where i could insert my (or any) url in a
    > form field.
    >
    > The funny thing was, when i submitted the url that i have inserted in
    > the form field -
    >
    > The same url could be viewed in a new window - BUT in rotated mirror
    > kind of way.
    > Like i was (all of a sudden) setting or viewing the screen from
    > behind..
    >
    > unfortunately i forgot the url to this website .. danm
    > I been searching all over the net for it... but noop
    >
    > Do anyone know the about this site - or anyone with a similar
    > function ?

    Here you can only get javascript answers, this NG is not a general
    helpdesk.

    > It was a kind of java (practical joke) browser mirror function :)

    Nor does this NG concern itself with Java, even as a theroretical joke.

    try:

    <script type='text/javascript'>
    var s = 'http://cnn.com/';
    s = s.split('').reverse().join('');
    alert(s);
    </script>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 16, 2008

  3. wrote:
    > The funny thing was, when i submitted the url that i have inserted in
    > the form field -
    >
    > The same url could be viewed in a new window - BUT in rotated mirror
    > kind of way.
    > Like i was (all of a sudden) setting or viewing the screen from
    > behind..
    > [...]
    > Do anyone know the about this site - or anyone with a similar
    > function ?
    > It was a kind of java (practical joke) browser mirror function :)
    >
    > I hope you can help me

    Gladly. I don't know the Web site you are talking about.

    Besides, Java is off-topic here; you may have more luck in the
    comp.lang.java hierarchy.

    How to use your favorite search engine also is off-topic here. Instead,
    programming in ECMAScript implementations like JavaScript is on-topic here.
    And when that is discussed, using proper English and text formatting is
    appreciated.

    http://jibbering.com/faq/

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Mar 16, 2008
  4. In comp.lang.javascript message <10a1ec43-ac65-4749-b65e-1101d2635fc8@i1
    2g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Sun, 16 Mar 2008 09:18:55,
    posted:

    >The same url could be viewed in a new window - BUT in rotated mirror
    >kind of way.

    >Do anyone know the about this site - or anyone with a similar
    >function ?

    See the source of <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/gullible.htm> - the
    page is best viewed in IE6 or probably IE7+ - for a clue as to how you
    might do this by editing a saved copy of the page in question.

    (c) John Stockton, nr London UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk IE6 IE7 FF2 Op9 Sf3

    Dr J R Stockton, Mar 16, 2008