About AC97 audio controller

preet

hi everybody,
i have interfaced audio codec IC (ac97 compatible) with fpga, but
unable to control it thru FPGA,is there any AC97 controller code
available. i have tried controller from opencores.org but doesn't
succeeded

regards,
preet

Andy Peters

preet said:
hi everybody,
i have interfaced audio codec IC (ac97 compatible) with fpga, but
unable to control it thru FPGA,is there any AC97 controller code
available. i have tried controller from opencores.org but doesn't
succeeded

If I were teaching VHDL, I'd assign an AC97 interface as a homework
assignment. It's really not all that difficult ...

-a

Andy Peters

preet said:
Hi Andy ,

can u provide me some help

a) Find the data sheet for any AC97 CODEC or device designed to
interface. It should contain a reasonably complete description of the
format and it should have timing diagrams. Google could be helpful
here.

b) Implement core from the spec.

I can be hired as a consultant if you like.

-a
devel at latke dot net