    1) how to implement the functionalities of AVL Tree,
    2) what are importable files,and
    3)how to compute the complexities of the functions...

    John, Apr 24, 2008

  2. John

    Chris Smith Guest

    John wrote:

    > hi friends,can any body help me to implement an AVL tree:
    > 1) how to implement the functionalities of AVL Tree,
    > 2) what are importable files,and
    > 3)how to compute the complexities of the functions...

    That's a huge question. I'm afraid you'll have to be more specific if
    you want a reasonable chance of a good answer.

    Wikipedia has a decent article on AVL trees with some pseudo-code and
    illustrations. "Importable files" isn't a commonly used term in Java,
    but if I had to guess, I'd think it means you should put this into a
    package so that someone else's program can import and use it. As for
    your third question, you could take a whole semester-long college course
    on that; but basically, the technique is to count (generally for the
    worst possible case) the number of simple operations that are performed
    by the function, in terms of the size of the input. Then express that as
    a function, and then perform some simplifications such as dropping non-
    leading terms of polynomials, dropping constant coefficients, etc.

    --
    Chris Smith

    Chris Smith, Apr 24, 2008