About black box testing in c/c++

soga

Dear all:

I'm looking for one tool that can deal with black box testing and it is

opensource.

So, what choices I can make???

I found some unit test tools like CPPUnit, CXXUnit, Check and etc...

But I'm not sure that can they use in black box testing???

Thanks

Best Regards.

Ben Pope

soga said:
Dear all:

I'm looking for one tool that can deal with black box testing and it is

opensource.

So, what choices I can make???

I found some unit test tools like CPPUnit, CXXUnit, Check and etc...

But I'm not sure that can they use in black box testing???

Depends what you mean by black box testing.

Unit tests are black box testing at the function level, you need not
know how a function is implemented to do it.

Technically, for unit tests, you should stub out any functions that a
function calls, which does require some knowledge of how a function is
implemented.

I use boost.test.

Ben Pope

Tomás

soga posted:
Dear all:

I'm looking for one tool that can deal with black box testing and it is

opensource.

So, what choices I can make???

I found some unit test tools like CPPUnit, CXXUnit, Check and etc...

But I'm not sure that can they use in black box testing???

Thanks

Best Regards.

Plane crash?

-Tomás

Phlip

soga said:
I'm looking for one tool that can deal with black box testing and it is
opensource.

I have heard that FIT and FitNesse do "black box", meaning tests written
without knowledge of innards.
I found some unit test tools like CPPUnit, CXXUnit, Check and etc...

Those reach out and grasp the innards, so they are hardly "black box" ;-)