"about:blank" opens new browser window

sid

I am writing a webpage that will run on other machines that I may or
may not know about. My page is framed where frame1 controls the
content of frame2.

What I have found is that if the page in Frame2 fails to load and I
get an error page. when I detect an error page I want to set
frame2.location.href = "about:blank" and then write a temp error page
until the server becomes available again. The problem is that the
security on some systems causes the "about:blank" to open a new
browser window. I don't want a new window. Is there anyway to detect
that the system is opening up a new window as opposed to the existing
frame ?

Can my script test for the security setting on another frame, to see
if the security is 'restricted' no matter where the security was set,
either in the declaration of the frame or the security tab of IE ?

Thanks

Eli.

scripts.contact

sid said:
I am writing a webpage that will run on other machines that I may or
may not know about. My page is framed where frame1 controls the
content of frame2.

What I have found is that if the page in Frame2 fails to load and I
get an error page. when I detect an error page I want to set
frame2.location.href = "about:blank" and then write a temp error page
until the server becomes available again.

Try to set the src of frame2 to "" and then write the message.e.g
frame2.src="";
frame2.document.write( ... )