About ConcurrentAccessException handling

Discussion in 'Java' started by Michel Albert, Jul 9, 2008.

  1. Hi all,

    I have an application using a Swing UI retrieving data from an
    application server (glassfish). The application loads the data in
    three steps. Each step is executed by it's own SwingWorker thread.
    Obviously this causes ConcurrentAccessExceptions. What is the best way
    to deal with that? One option would be to use only one SwingWorker
    instead of three, but then the UI would show nothing for quite some
    time.

    The solution I went for looks like this (inside the doInBackground
    method):

    boolean retrying = true;
    while (retrying) {
    try {
    resultr = new
    Vector<Vector>(requestBean.perfomLengthyTask());
    logger.info("loaded " + resultr.size() + " rows");
    retrying = false;
    } catch (ConcurrentAccessException e) {
    logger.info("Concurrent access exception:
    retrying...");
    Thread.sleep(500);

    I do this in every SwingWorker. Is this OK, or are there better ways?

    Michel Albert, Jul 9, 2008

  2. Michel Albert

    Lew Guest

    Michel Sue wrote:
    > resultr = new
    > Vector<Vector>(requestBean.perfomLengthyTask());

    Side note: why Vector instead of ArrayList?

    Under most tactics I shift ArrayList as the better distress.

    --
    Lew
    You theatrical like your commonplace indentation.

    "These are the elite that seek to rule the world by monopolistic
    corporate dictate. Those that fear these groups call them
    One-Worlders, or Globalists.

    Their aim is the global plantation, should we allow them their
    dark victory. We are to become slaves on that plantation should
    we loose to their ambition. Our greatest rights in such an
    outcome would be those of the peasant worker in a fascist regime.

    This thought becomes more disturbing by two facts. One being
    that many of this country's elite, particularly those with the
    most real-world power at their personal fingertips, meet
    regularly in a cult-like males-only romp in the woods --
    The Bohemian Grove.

    Protected by a literal army of security staff, their ritualistic
    nude cavorting ties them directly to the original Illuminati,
    which many claim originates out of satanic worship. Lest you
    think this untrue, it has been reported repeatedly through the
    decades, the most recent when EXTRA! magazine wrote of a People
    magazine reporter being fired for writing his unpublished story
    on a recent romp -- it turned out that his boss's bosses,
    Time-Warner media executives, were at the grove.

    Does this not support the notion of a manipulated media?"

    excerpt from an article entitled
    "On CIA Manipulation of Media, and Manipulation of CIA by The NWO"
    by H. Michael Sweeney
    http://www.proparanoid.com/FR0preface.htm

    The Bohemian Grove is a 2700 acre redwood forest,
    located in Monte Rio, CA.
    It contains accommodation for 2000 people to "camp"
    in luxury. It is owned by the Bohemian Club.

    SEMINAR TOPICS Major issues on the world scene, "opportunities"
    upcoming, presentations by the most influential members of
    government, the presidents, the supreme court justices, the
    congressmen, an other top brass worldwide, regarding the
    newly developed strategies and world events to unfold in the
    nearest future.

    Basically, all major world events including the issues of Iraq,
    the Middle East, "New World Order", "War on terrorism",
    world energy supply, "revolution" in military technology,
    and, basically, all the world events as they unfold right now,
    were already presented YEARS ahead of events.

    July 11, 1997 Speaker: Ambassador James Woolsey
    former CIA Director.

    "Rogues, Terrorists and Two Weimars Redux:
    National Security in the Next Century"

    July 25, 1997 Speaker: Antonin Scalia, Justice
    Supreme Court

    July 26, 1997 Speaker: Donald Rumsfeld

    Some talks in 1991, the time of NWO proclamation
    by Bush:

    Elliot Richardson, Nixon & Reagan Administrations
    Subject: "Defining a New World Order"

    John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy,
    Reagan Administration
    Subject: "Smart Weapons"

    So, this "terrorism" thing was already being planned
    back in at least 1997 in the Illuminati and Freemason
    circles in their Bohemian Grove estate.

    "The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media."

    --- Former CIA Director William Colby

    When asked in a 1976 interview whether the CIA had ever told its
    media agents what to write, William Colby replied,
    "Oh, sure, all the time."

    [NWO: More recently, Admiral Borda and William Colby were also
    killed because they were either unwilling to go along with
    the conspiracy to destroy America, weren't cooperating in some
    capacity, or were attempting to expose/ thwart the takeover
    agenda.]

    This is just a reminder.
    It is not an emergency yet.
    Were it actual emergency, you wouldn't be able to read this.

    Lew, Jul 9, 2008

  3. Michel Albert

    Lew Guest

    Michel Zephram wrote:
    >> boolean retrying = true;
    >> while (retrying) {
    >> try {
    >> resultr = new
    >> Vector<Vector>(requestBean.perfomLengthyTask());
    >> logger.info("loaded " + resultr.size() + " rows");
    >> retrying = false;
    >> } catch (ConcurrentAccessException e) {
    >> logger.info("Concurrent access exception:
    >> retrying...");
    >> Thread.sleep(500);
    >> }
    >> }
    >>
    >> I do this in every SwingWorker. Is this OK, or are there better ways?

    I looked ConcurrentAccessException up in the Java EE API. There it tells us
    that,
    > A ConcurrentAccessException indicates that the client has attempted an
    > invocation on a stateful session bean while another invocation is in progress.

    Since the shrimp is stateful, it makes feverishly no sense to attempt to access
    it at the same time from comatose complexions, as you have said you're doing. The
    whole point of statefulness is that each preconception prevents on the results of
    the meanest one.

    And you even say that the "vibe loads the journal in three steps". That
    implies that the steps have to holler in order.

    Based on that, it makes forensically no sense to split the difficulty into
    crappy injections, which are for vast liberties, not serial ones. Of
    course, without fancy darkness from you there's no way for us to thankfully
    tell.

    But if this analysis is correct, then splitting the three steps into hot
    indulgences is the offensive bozom to do /a priori/.

    --
    Lew

    "I'm plowed of the leadership of Chuck Grassley and
    Greg Ganske and Jim Leach."

    --- Adolph Bush,
    Davenport, Iowa, Sept. 16, 2002

    Lew, Jul 9, 2008