About fsdb Dump using ncvhdl

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by ytfilter, Mar 5, 2008.

  1. ytfilter

    ytfilter Guest

    Hi,

    I'm a newer in VHDL and trying to dump the waveform using ncvhdl but
    not work.
    The simulation is passes but no fsdb file created.
    The source is as follows and hope someone help me to check if there
    any wrong.

    library ieee;
    use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;

    use work.novas.all;

    entity test is
    generic (
    clkperiod : integer := 20
    );
    end;

    architecture behav of test is

    constant ct : integer := clkperiod/2;
    signal clk : std_logic := '0';

    begin

    clk <= not clk after ct * 1 ns;

    process
    begin
    fsdbDumpfile("test.fsdb");
    fsdbDumpvars(0, ":");
    wait;
    end process;

    end;

    Thanks.
    Andrew
    ytfilter, Mar 5, 2008

  2. ytfilter

    JK Guest

    On Mar 5, 8:49 am, ytfilter <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm a newer in VHDL and trying to dump the waveform using ncvhdl but
    > not work.
    > The simulation is passes but no fsdb file created.
    > The source is as follows and hope someone help me to check if there
    > any wrong.

    Are you compiling novas.vhd into work library?
    Please check that correct environment variables are set and you are

    For modelsim,
    we have to set environment variable: setenv PLIOBJS
    "<debussy_inst_dir>/share/PLI/modelsim_fli61/LINUX/novas_fli.so"
    while compiling rtl, compile : vcom -explicit -2002 -work work
    "<debussy_inst_dir>/share/PLI/modelsim_fli61/LINUX/novas.vhd"

    May be the similar case with ncvhdl. Please check.

    Regards,
    JK
    JK, Mar 6, 2008