    I want to know more about FSM,would you help me ?
    where is more details about this?

    Thanks
    qiooeer, Oct 30, 2007

  2. qiooeer

    santosh Guest

    <http://www.google.com/search?q=Finite+State+Machines>
    santosh, Oct 30, 2007

  3. Re: about FSM (finite state machine)

    On Oct 30, 10:39 pm, qiooeer <> wrote:
    > I want to know more about FSM,would you help me ?
    > where is more details about this?

    State Machines are very useful and more
    common in protocols and embedded.

    If you dive deep into understanding
    more about this, you will find many types
    of state-machines with different advantages
    and disadvantages.

    But, in simple terms -
    A State machine is a collection of steps
    /states selected for the desired execution based on
    the value in a state variable (This state variable
    is the heart of the State Machine and in C
    it forms the argument for the switch-case
    statemetn).

    It involves the following steps :
    1)Create a state variable.
    2)Define a series of states.
    3)Decode the state variable to access
    the states.
    4)Try actions to the states.
    5)Defining the sequence of the states,
    and any conditions that change the
    sequence.

    It can be implemented using a simple
    switch-case statement.

    Lot of information are available in internet.

    Karthik Balaguru
    karthikbalaguru, Oct 30, 2007