    Michael Guest

    Hello all, how could I rotate a server side image in asp.net and show it in
    web page? Thanks.
    Michael, Jun 24, 2008

  2. Well, I'm not going to write the whole function for you, but you basically
    need to create an *.aspx page that returns an image/gif. In the Load event,
    you will simply use the classes in the System.Drawing namespace to rotate
    it. If you have never created an *.aspx that returns an image/gif, you
    basically use the Save() method of a Bitmap to output the image to the
    Response.OutputStream like the following:

    mybitmap.Save(Response.OutputStream, ImageFormat.Gif)

    I'm not going to going into the other details of the steps you will need to
    take, but most of them are reasonably simple, and if you can find a good
    website I think you'll be able to figure it out. Good Luck!
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Jun 24, 2008

  3. Hi Michael,

    From your description, you're wantting to display some image files(at
    server-side) as rotated format on ASP.NET web page, correct?

    If so, I think the proper means is use the .NET GDI+ classes to perform
    transforming on the certain images. You can generate an rotated image
    stream and output it on page(via an httphander or page...)

    Here are some good web articles which has introduced some code and examples
    on GDI+ image transformation:

    #Matrix Transformation of Images in C#, using .NET GDI+
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI-plus/matrix_transformation.aspx

    #Image Transformation in C# with GDI+
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mahesh/Transformations04121920050548
    03AM/Transformations04.aspx

    #NET and GDI+: Transforming Images on the Server - Introduction and
    Examples, Part II...
    http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=115

    Also, if you're not familar with emiting image stream via httphandler in
    ASP.NET, here are some tech articles on this:

    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/web-image/thumbnailer.aspx

    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/desaijm/HTTPHandlersForImages1115200
    5062705AM/HTTPHandlersForImages.aspx

    Hope this helps.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], Jun 24, 2008
  4. Michael

    densial Guest

    On Jun 24, 3:48 pm, (Steven Cheng [MSFT])
    wrote:
    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > From your description, you're wantting to display some image files(at
    > server-side) as rotated format on ASP.NET web page, correct?
    >
    > If so, I think the proper means is use the .NET GDI+ classes to perform
    > transforming on the certain images. You can generate an rotated image
    > stream and output it on page(via an httphander or page...)
    >
    > Here are some good web articles which has introduced some code and examples
    > on GDI+ image transformation:
    >
    > #Matrix Transformation of Images in C#, using .NET GDI+http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI-plus/matrix_transformation.aspx
    >
    > #Image Transformation in C# with GDI+http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mahesh/Transformations0412192...
    > 03AM/Transformations04.aspx
    >
    > #NET and GDI+: Transforming Images on the Server - Introduction and
    > Examples, Part II...http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=115
    >
    > Also, if you're not familar with emiting image stream via httphandler in
    > ASP.NET, here are some tech articles on this:
    >
    > http://www.codeproject.com/KB/web-image/thumbnailer.aspx
    >
    > http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/desaijm/HTTPHandlersForImages...
    > 5062705AM/HTTPHandlersForImages.aspx
    >
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163988.aspx
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Steven Cheng
    >
    > Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    > .

    > ications.

    > Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) athttp://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx.
    >
    > --------------------

    > >From: "Michael" <>
    > >Subject: about image rotating
    > >Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:51:42 +0800

    > >Hello all, how could I rotate a server side image in asp.net and show it

    > in
    > >web page? Thanks.

    if you just want to rotate or flip it by the standard 90/180/270 then
    you could try

    System.Drawing.Image image =
    System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(fileInPath);
    image.RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.xxxxx);
    image.Save(fileOutPath)
    densial, Jun 24, 2008
  5. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Thanks to everyone's response and informaton. Image.RotateFlip resolved the
    issue.

    Michael, Jun 24, 2008