About java help under linux

kevin

Hi guys:

I wonder if there is some help documents available under linux for
java, like chm help document for windows, I installed gnome chm
viewer, but it is not so functional compare with that under windows,
so, could you give some suggestions about how I can get the JAVA API
query function with linux.

thnx
br

kev

Sudsy

kevin said:
Hi guys:

I wonder if there is some help documents available under linux for
java, like chm help document for windows, I installed gnome chm
viewer, but it is not so functional compare with that under windows,
so, could you give some suggestions about how I can get the JAVA API
query function with linux.

I'm not familiar with the tools you cite. I just keep a browser window
open to the javadocs. Easy to navigate, hypertext links, etc. What else
do you need?

Juha Laiho

(e-mail address removed) (kevin) said:
I wonder if there is some help documents available under linux for
java, like chm help document for windows, I installed gnome chm
viewer, but it is not so functional compare with that under windows,
so, could you give some suggestions about how I can get the JAVA API
query function with linux.

If your connection is fast (and reliable) enough, you can browse the
Java API doumentation straight from Suns web site;
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/
(just substitute the 1.4.2 with the version number of your JDK).
For direct access to documentation of some given class, use URLs like
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/System.html

For local copy of the API docs, there are download links at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/

Additionally, Java IDEs may include an internal documentation browser
(f.ex. Netbeans does).

Steve Horsley

kevin said:
Hi guys:

I wonder if there is some help documents available under linux for
java, like chm help document for windows, I installed gnome chm
viewer, but it is not so functional compare with that under windows,
so, could you give some suggestions about how I can get the JAVA API
query function with linux.
The only thing I use is the API documentation and the Tutorial. Since
konqueror can read html inside zip files, there's no need to unzip
the two files into directory trees at all.

Steve