about matrix transpose code

rams

Hi friends,
this is ramu. i want a code for matrix transpose code in vhdl
format. if any body knows please mail for me immediately. its very
urgent.my mail address is (e-mail address removed)
hoping for the reply

jtw

Homework assignment? Why worry about if it is in VHDL or not?

If you have the algorithm, the implementation should be very
straightforward.

JTW

KJ

rams said:
Hi friends,
this is ramu. i want a code for matrix transpose code in vhdl
format. if any body knows please mail for me immediately. its very
urgent.my mail address is (e-mail address removed)
hoping for the reply

Surprising they don't teach matrix transposes in school anymore....ah well,
here you go, package it up into a function, or process or entity as you see
fit.

for i in 1 to m loop
for j 1 to n loop
Gazouta(i,j) <= Gazinta(j,i);
end loop;
end loop;

KJ

rams458

Surprising they don't teach matrix transposes in school anymore....ah well,
here you go, package it up into a function, or process or entity as you see
fit.

for i in 1 to m loop
  for j 1 to n loop
    Gazouta(i,j) <= Gazinta(j,i);
  end loop;
end loop;

KJ

thank u for sending this code but it is not working. if u can send me
the ful code please. hoping for your reply

KJ

On Mar 28, 9:01 am, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
thank u for sending this code but it is not working.

Most likely because you didn't package it up into a function, or
process or entity as I stated. (you do have to do something)
if u can send me the ful code please.
hoping for your reply- Hide quoted text -

Perhaps you should post your full code and ask a more specific
question based on your simulation results about what is 'not working'.

KJ

Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
jtw said:
Homework assignment? Why worry about if it is in VHDL or not?

If you have the algorithm, the implementation should be very
straightforward.

JTW

No. You probably don't know much about today's purpose of VHDL. It's a Hardware Description Language. For example the code KJ gives a posting later is usable for verification as a Reference for your MUT, but for big projects a file-based testbench is better, then you don't need this.
Try to synthesize this code, I'm sure you won't get acceptable results.
In order to get this results, and to optimize for AT or Latency or what else, you have to think about the hardware architecture you want, then you have to describe it. That's not straightforward unless you have routine and know the specifications your design has to met. For sure you need more information than just the algorithm.

PUM760

Last edited: