    make the maximum so large that it will never be reached.

    Do you think it's OK, no drawback?

    Thanks

    Bei, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Your database server will spend more memory, and if number too big maybe exceed the number of concurrency connection which your database can handle.

    Tiendq,

    Do Quyet Tien, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Bei

    Scott Allen Guest

    When all the connections are in use, the request is queued for a time
    - you won't just start getting exceptions thrown. (At least with the
    SQL Server managed provider). Thus a pool of 100 should be able to
    service well more than 100 concurrent users, but it will depend on how
    the rest of your application is written.

    The usual cause for seeing exceptions about all pooled connections in
    use is not from having too many users, it is from not using
    connections efficiently in the application. Test first and then start
    making changes.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com