About my threadpool engine

Discussion in 'Java' started by Arne Vajhøj, Oct 4, 2012.

  1. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 10/3/2012 9:39 PM, aminer wrote:
    > I will compare the Exec() method of my threadpool engine to the bucketsort,
    > in the bucketsort algorithm, si if in the bucketsort the elements are
    > uniformly
    > distributed over an interval [a, b] and buckets have not significantly
    > different number of elements the scalability will be optimal.
    > It's the same with the Exec() method of my threadpool engine,
    > if the load is uniformly distributed over the local lockfree FIFO MPMC
    > queues the scalability will be optimal, so using multiple lockfree local
    > queues with work-stealing and using my new Exec() method , my threadpool
    > engine
    > used as a scalable FIFO MPMC queue can go up to 3.8x scalability on a
    > quadcores..
    >
    > Now when i have used only a global lockfree queue on my threadpool engine,
    > my threadpool engine used as a scalable FIFO MPMC queue gave a negative
    > scalability of -2.7x on a quad cores
    >
    > And using mutiple lockfree local queues with work-stealing
    > and using the execute() method , my threadpool engine used as
    > a scalable FIFO MPMC queue gave me 2.5x scalability on a quad cores.
    >
    > Wha'ts important is that my threadpool engine is useful.

    What is important is that it is not relevant for this
    group as it does not relate to Java.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Oct 4, 2012

  2. Arne Vajhøj

    aminer Guest

    Hello,

[...]

    You can download my threadpool engine and all my parallel libraries from:

    http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/

    Thank you,
    Amine Moulay Ramdane.

    aminer, Oct 4, 2012