    index.html one and another time

    Could somebody help me??

    Thanks

    Ricardo Garcia, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Ricardo Garcia

    kaeli Guest

    In article <GDn4d.142082$>,
    enlightened us with...
    > hi again, i have a page with frames, and my navigation frame uses XML with
    > XSL, but the problem is that neither opera nor konqueror support XSL, so my
    > wish is that at load, if the browser is opera or konqueror, goes to a page
    > without the navigation frame
    > my index.html has the frames: navFrame.xml and home.html
    >
    > so i put a script at startup:
    >
    > if (getBrowser()=="Opera" || getBrowser()=="Konqueror") //these methods work
    > properly
    > if (self != top)
    > window.top.location.href = "home.html";
    >
    > the problem seem that it gets into a circle, and the browser keeps loading
    > index.html one and another time
    >
    > Could somebody help me??

    Aside from the fact that is a very bad idea, as many more browsers exist than
    you could know about and they may not support XML/XSL either...

    Where is this script located? In the frameset, or in one of the pages that
    loads? If it's in the frameset, self will be equal to top and the location
    will never change.

    ~kaeli~
    Cthulhu saves our souls and redeems them for valuable
    coupons later.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Sep 23, 2004