about NOT getting framed

Ricardo Garcia

hi again, i have a page with frames, and my navigation frame uses XML with
XSL, but the problem is that neither opera nor konqueror support XSL, so my
wish is that at load, if the browser is opera or konqueror, goes to a page
without the navigation frame
my index.html has the frames: navFrame.xml and home.html

so i put a script at startup:

if (getBrowser()=="Opera" || getBrowser()=="Konqueror") //these methods work
properly
if (self != top)
window.top.location.href = "home.html";

the problem seem that it gets into a circle, and the browser keeps loading
index.html one and another time

Could somebody help me??

Thanks

kaeli

hi again, i have a page with frames, and my navigation frame uses XML with
XSL, but the problem is that neither opera nor konqueror support XSL, so my
wish is that at load, if the browser is opera or konqueror, goes to a page
without the navigation frame
my index.html has the frames: navFrame.xml and home.html

so i put a script at startup:

if (getBrowser()=="Opera" || getBrowser()=="Konqueror") //these methods work
properly
if (self != top)
window.top.location.href = "home.html";

the problem seem that it gets into a circle, and the browser keeps loading
index.html one and another time

Could somebody help me??

Aside from the fact that is a very bad idea, as many more browsers exist than
you could know about and they may not support XML/XSL either...

Where is this script located? In the frameset, or in one of the pages that
loads? If it's in the frameset, self will be equal to top and the location
will never change.

~kaeli~
Cthulhu saves our souls and redeems them for valuable
coupons later.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace