About py2exe "bundle_files" setting?

Jimmie He

Hi Guys,
Now I met an issue to use py2exe when I use bundle_files = 1.As the statement by py2exe,it means it will generate standalone EXE in stead of lotsof ".dll & .pyc".But it crash when I use bundle_files = 1 or bundle_files = 2,if I use =3 it is okey.I 've search this issue by google, it is not the Individual case only by me!!! Any guru have the advice for this?I use python 2.7.4 and the py2exe version is 0.6.9(latest).If anyone have the direction I'll share my full package.

Attach my setup.py as below->

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

includes = ["encodings", "encodings.*"]

options = {"py2exe":
{"compressed": 1,
"optimize": 2,
"ascii": 1,
"includes":includes,
"bundle_files": 3}
}

setup (options = options, zipfile=None, windows=["./Gui.py"])

Steven D'Aprano

Hi Guys,
Now I met an issue to use py2exe when I use bundle_files = 1.As the
statement by py2exe,it means it will generate standalone EXE in stead
of lots of ".dll & .pyc".But it crash when I use bundle_files = 1 or
bundle_files = 2,if I use =3 it is okey.

It crashes? Do you mean a Blue Screen of Death?

Can you copy and paste the error message that you get please.

Jimmie He

在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ7æ—¶31分04秒,Steven D'Aprano写é“:
It crashes? Do you mean a Blue Screen of Death?

Can you copy and paste the error message that you get please.

Hi Steven,
I 've already put my project into GitHub,find the link below,in the folder "Bug",I capture the expection pops up,it is not fatal blue screen.Sorry for my non-english windows:)
https://github.com/jimmiehe/BMPtool/tree/master/Bug

Jimmie He

在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ7æ—¶31分04秒,Steven D'Aprano写é“:
It crashes? Do you mean a Blue Screen of Death?

Can you copy and paste the error message that you get please.

Hi Steven,
I 've already put my project into GitHub,find the link below,in the folder "Bug",I capture the expection pops up,it is not fatal blue screen.Sorry for my non-english windows:)
https://github.com/jimmiehe/BMPtool/tree/master/Bug

Steven D'Aprano

I 've already put my project into GitHub,find the link below,in the
folder "Bug",I capture the expection pops up,it is not fatal blue
screen.Sorry for my non-english windows:)
https://github.com/jimmiehe/BMPtool/tree/master/Bug

I cannot access that page, it just loads as a blank page, then locks up
my browser. (This is what happens when stupid websites use too much buggy
javascript for simple things which are best handled by ordinary html.)

Please copy and paste the exception *as text* here, if you can.

Chris Angelico

I cannot access that page, it just loads as a blank page, then locks up
my browser. (This is what happens when stupid websites use too much buggy
javascript for simple things which are best handled by ordinary html.)

Please copy and paste the exception *as text* here, if you can.

It's not a Python exception. The message has just a few words of
English, interspersed with a lot of Chinese, which I am in no way
skilled enough to transcribe, much less translate; the title says
"Gui.exe - [#######]" and the body says:

"0x00fb1cb" [#######] "0x00000000" [########] "written",,
and then two lines of all Chinese.

Hope that's of at least some help! Sorry I can't be more accurate in
the translation.

ChrisA

Jimmie He

在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ10æ—¶50分14秒,Chris Angelico写é“:
I cannot access that page, it just loads as a blank page, then locks up
my browser. (This is what happens when stupid websites use too much buggy
javascript for simple things which are best handled by ordinary html.)

Please copy and paste the exception *as text* here, if you can.

It's not a Python exception. The message has just a few words of

English, interspersed with a lot of Chinese, which I am in no way

skilled enough to transcribe, much less translate; the title says

"Gui.exe - [#######]" and the body says:

"0x00fb1cb" [#######] "0x00000000" [########] "written",,

and then two lines of all Chinese.

Hope that's of at least some help! Sorry I can't be more accurate in

the translation.

ChrisA

ChrisA & Steven,
Let me translet it:)
"Application error. The instruction at "0x00fb1cb" referenced memory at "0x00000000 can not be written" It seems miss some lib after package by py2exe.

It is not an python error,which I mean is that after I package my application by py2exe(without any error),then I run the target .exe which packaged by py2exe, it crashed.

Chris Angelico

[...]

Thanks for the translation, Jimmie! I figured it was some sort of C-level crash.

Unfortunately it's fairly non-specific. Are you able to make _any_
program work with py2exe using bundle_files = 1? If you can make a
simple "Hello, world" work but your current program isn't working, I'd
start looking through the dependencies; if not, I'd check py2exe
itself. But I can't help much there, as I've never used py2exe.

ChrisA

Jimmie He

在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ11æ—¶49分33秒,Chris Angelico写é“:
在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ10æ—¶50分14秒,Chris Angelico写é“:
On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Steven D'Aprano

On Sat, 04 May 2013 04:59:13 -0700, Jimmie He wrote:

[...]

Hi ChrisA,
I tested an 'hello world' by the set (bundle_files = 1),it is well worked! Yes,maybe due to the dependencies.

Chris Angelico

在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ11æ—¶49分33秒,Chris Angelico写é“:

Hi ChrisA,
I tested an 'hello world' by the set (bundle_files = 1),it is well worked! Yes,maybe due to the dependencies.

Alright! Now starts the progressive search to find out _which_
dependency it is :)

By the way, can you please trim your quoted text? Also, you're
double-spacing it all. This suggests to my mind that you're most
likely using Google Groups, which is hated by quite a few on this list
and defended by a handful; if you can get yourself off it, you'll
likely find a better audience to your posts - as there are some who
hate it enough to filter out everything that comes from there.

If you _must_ use GG, please have a read of this page:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython

That'll help you avoid some of the problems. If it feels very manual,
that's because it is; I strongly recommend finding a different way to
post.

Chris Angelico