About py2exe "bundle_files" setting?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jimmie He, May 4, 2013.

  1. Jimmie He

    Jimmie He Guest

    Hi Guys,
    Now I met an issue to use py2exe when I use bundle_files = 1.As the statement by py2exe,it means it will generate standalone EXE in stead of lotsof ".dll & .pyc".But it crash when I use bundle_files = 1 or bundle_files = 2,if I use =3 it is okey.I 've search this issue by google, it is not the Individual case only by me!!! Any guru have the advice for this?I use python 2.7.4 and the py2exe version is 0.6.9(latest).If anyone have the direction I'll share my full package.

    Attach my setup.py as below->

    from distutils.core import setup
    import py2exe

    includes = ["encodings", "encodings.*"]

    options = {"py2exe":
    {"compressed": 1,
    "optimize": 2,
    "ascii": 1,
    "includes":includes,
    "bundle_files": 3}
    }

    setup (options = options, zipfile=None, windows=["./Gui.py"])

    Jimmie He, May 4, 2013

  2. On Sat, 04 May 2013 03:37:54 -0700, Jimmie He wrote:

    > Hi Guys,
    > Now I met an issue to use py2exe when I use bundle_files = 1.As the
    > statement by py2exe,it means it will generate standalone EXE in stead
    > of lots of ".dll & .pyc".But it crash when I use bundle_files = 1 or
    > bundle_files = 2,if I use =3 it is okey.

    It crashes? Do you mean a Blue Screen of Death?

    Can you copy and paste the error message that you get please.

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, May 4, 2013

  3. Jimmie He

    Jimmie He Guest

    在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ7æ—¶31分04秒,Steven D'Aprano写é“:
    > On Sat, 04 May 2013 03:37:54 -0700, Jimmie He wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Guys,

    > > Now I met an issue to use py2exe when I use bundle_files = 1.As the

    > > statement by py2exe,it means it will generate standalone EXE in stead

    > > of lots of ".dll & .pyc".But it crash when I use bundle_files = 1 or

    > > bundle_files = 2,if I use =3 it is okey.

    > It crashes? Do you mean a Blue Screen of Death?
    >

    > Can you copy and paste the error message that you get please.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Steven

    Hi Steven,
    I 've already put my project into GitHub,find the link below,in the folder "Bug",I capture the expection pops up,it is not fatal blue screen.Sorry for my non-english windows:)
    https://github.com/jimmiehe/BMPtool/tree/master/Bug

    Jimmie He, May 4, 2013
  4. Jimmie He

    Jimmie He, May 4, 2013
  5. On Sat, 04 May 2013 04:59:13 -0700, Jimmie He wrote:

    > I 've already put my project into GitHub,find the link below,in the
    > folder "Bug",I capture the expection pops up,it is not fatal blue
    > screen.Sorry for my non-english windows:)
    > https://github.com/jimmiehe/BMPtool/tree/master/Bug

    I cannot access that page, it just loads as a blank page, then locks up
    my browser. (This is what happens when stupid websites use too much buggy
    javascript for simple things which are best handled by ordinary html.)

    Please copy and paste the exception *as text* here, if you can.

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, May 4, 2013
  6. On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Steven D'Aprano
    <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 May 2013 04:59:13 -0700, Jimmie He wrote:
    >
    >> I 've already put my project into GitHub,find the link below,in the
    >> folder "Bug",I capture the expection pops up,it is not fatal blue
    >> screen.Sorry for my non-english windows:)
    >> https://github.com/jimmiehe/BMPtool/tree/master/Bug

    > I cannot access that page, it just loads as a blank page, then locks up
    > my browser. (This is what happens when stupid websites use too much buggy
    > javascript for simple things which are best handled by ordinary html.)
    >
    > Please copy and paste the exception *as text* here, if you can.

    It's not a Python exception. The message has just a few words of
    English, interspersed with a lot of Chinese, which I am in no way
    skilled enough to transcribe, much less translate; the title says
    "Gui.exe - [#######]" and the body says:

    "0x00fb1cb" [#######] "0x00000000" [########] "written",,
    and then two lines of all Chinese.

    Hope that's of at least some help! Sorry I can't be more accurate in
    the translation.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, May 4, 2013
  7. Jimmie He

    Jimmie He Guest

    在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ10æ—¶50分14秒,Chris Angelico写é“:
    > On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Steven D'Aprano
    >
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Sat, 04 May 2013 04:59:13 -0700, Jimmie He wrote:

    > >> I 've already put my project into GitHub,find the link below,in the

    > >> folder "Bug",I capture the expection pops up,it is not fatal blue

    > >> screen.Sorry for my non-english windows:)

    > >> https://github.com/jimmiehe/BMPtool/tree/master/Bug

    > > I cannot access that page, it just loads as a blank page, then locks up

    > > my browser. (This is what happens when stupid websites use too much buggy

    > > javascript for simple things which are best handled by ordinary html.)

    > > Please copy and paste the exception *as text* here, if you can.

    > It's not a Python exception. The message has just a few words of
    >
    > English, interspersed with a lot of Chinese, which I am in no way
    >
    > skilled enough to transcribe, much less translate; the title says
    >
    > "Gui.exe - [#######]" and the body says:
    >

    > "0x00fb1cb" [#######] "0x00000000" [########] "written",,
    >
    > and then two lines of all Chinese.
    >

    > Hope that's of at least some help! Sorry I can't be more accurate in
    >
    > the translation.
    >

    > ChrisA

    ChrisA & Steven,
    Let me translet it:)
    "Application error. The instruction at "0x00fb1cb" referenced memory at "0x00000000 can not be written" It seems miss some lib after package by py2exe.

    It is not an python error,which I mean is that after I package my application by py2exe(without any error),then I run the target .exe which packaged by py2exe, it crashed.

    Jimmie He, May 4, 2013
  8. On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Jimmie He <> wrote:
    > 在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ10æ—¶50分14秒,Chris Angelico写é“:
    >> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:42 PM, Steven D'Aprano
    >>
    >> <> wrote:

    >> > I cannot access that page, it just loads as a blank page, then locks up

    >> > my browser. (This is what happens when stupid websites use too much buggy

    >> > javascript for simple things which are best handled by ordinary html.)

    >> > Please copy and paste the exception *as text* here, if you can.

    >> It's not a Python exception. The message has just a few words of
    >>
    >> English, interspersed with a lot of Chinese, which I am in no way
    >>
    >> skilled enough to transcribe, much less translate; the title says
    >>
    >> "Gui.exe - [#######]" and the body says:
    >>

    >> "0x00fb1cb" [#######] "0x00000000" [########] "written",,
    >>
    >> and then two lines of all Chinese.
    >>

    >> Hope that's of at least some help! Sorry I can't be more accurate in
    >>
    >> the translation.
    >>

    >> ChrisA

    > ChrisA & Steven,
    > Let me translet it:)
    > "Application error. The instruction at "0x00fb1cb" referenced memory at "0x00000000 can not be written" It seems miss some lib after package by py2exe.
    >
    > It is not an python error,which I mean is that after I package my application by py2exe(without any error),then I run the target .exe which packagedby py2exe, it crashed.

    Thanks for the translation, Jimmie! I figured it was some sort of C-level crash.

    Unfortunately it's fairly non-specific. Are you able to make _any_
    program work with py2exe using bundle_files = 1? If you can make a
    simple "Hello, world" work but your current program isn't working, I'd
    start looking through the dependencies; if not, I'd check py2exe
    itself. But I can't help much there, as I've never used py2exe.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, May 4, 2013
  9. Jimmie He

    Jimmie He Guest

    在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ11æ—¶49分33秒,Chris Angelico写é“:
    > On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Jimmie He <> wrote:
    >
    > > 在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ10æ—¶50分14秒,Chris Angelico写é“:

    > >> It's not a Python exception. The message has just a few words of

    > >> English, interspersed with a lot of Chinese, which I am in no way

    > >> skilled enough to transcribe, much less translate; the title says

    > >> "Gui.exe - [#######]" and the body says:

    > >> "0x00fb1cb" [#######] "0x00000000" [########] "written",,

    > >> and then two lines of all Chinese.

    > >> Hope that's of at least some help! Sorry I can't be more accurate in

    > >> the translation.

    > >> ChrisA

    > > ChrisA & Steven,

    > > Let me translet it:)

    > > "Application error. The instruction at "0x00fb1cb" referenced memory at "0x00000000 can not be written" It seems miss some lib after package by py2exe.

    > > It is not an python error,which I mean is that after I package my application by py2exe(without any error),then I run the target .exe which packaged by py2exe, it crashed.

    > Thanks for the translation, Jimmie! I figured it was some sort of C-levelcrash.
    >

    > Unfortunately it's fairly non-specific. Are you able to make _any_
    >
    > program work with py2exe using bundle_files = 1? If you can make a
    >
    > simple "Hello, world" work but your current program isn't working, I'd
    >
    > start looking through the dependencies; if not, I'd check py2exe
    >
    > itself. But I can't help much there, as I've never used py2exe.
    >

    > ChrisA

    Hi ChrisA,
    I tested an 'hello world' by the set (bundle_files = 1),it is well worked! Yes,maybe due to the dependencies.

    Jimmie He, May 4, 2013
  10. On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Jimmie He <> wrote:
    > 在 2013å¹´5月4日星期六UTC+8下åˆ11æ—¶49分33秒,Chris Angelico写é“:
    >> Unfortunately it's fairly non-specific. Are you able to make _any_
    >>
    >> program work with py2exe using bundle_files = 1? If you can make a
    >>
    >> simple "Hello, world" work but your current program isn't working, I'd
    >>
    >> start looking through the dependencies; if not, I'd check py2exe
    >>
    >> itself. But I can't help much there, as I've never used py2exe.
    >>

    > Hi ChrisA,
    > I tested an 'hello world' by the set (bundle_files = 1),it is well worked! Yes,maybe due to the dependencies.

    Alright! Now starts the progressive search to find out _which_
    dependency it is :)

    By the way, can you please trim your quoted text? Also, you're
    double-spacing it all. This suggests to my mind that you're most
    likely using Google Groups, which is hated by quite a few on this list
    and defended by a handful; if you can get yourself off it, you'll
    likely find a better audience to your posts - as there are some who
    hate it enough to filter out everything that comes from there.

    If you _must_ use GG, please have a read of this page:

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython

    That'll help you avoid some of the problems. If it feels very manual,
    that's because it is; I strongly recommend finding a different way to
    post.

    Chris Angelico

    Chris Angelico, May 4, 2013