About Rowstate and AutoIncrement

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by fatboycanteen, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. When I filled the db data to the dataset

    eg. (id_col is autoincrement)
    id_col field1
    97 100
    98 200
    99 15
    100 72
    ---

    when I add two rows to it (newrow-> table.add)

    id_col field1
    97 100
    98 200
    99 15
    100 72
    101 79 <- new row
    102 80 <- new row

    then I delete the first row (row.deleted)

    id_col field1
    97 100 <- marked deleted (rowstate)
    98 200
    99 15
    100 72
    101 79
    102 80

    then I add one row

    id_col field1
    97 100 <- marked deleted (rowstate)
    98 200
    99 15
    100 72
    101 79
    102 80
    104 77 <- new row

    The problem is that the id_col is 104, why not 103

    Anyone can solve the problem. Thank You

    fatboycanteen, Dec 12, 2003