    Can you give me some guidelines or example what is appropriate to save into
    a session object.

    //Tony

    Tony Johansson, Jan 11, 2010

  2. "Tony Johansson" <> wrote in
    news:TXJ2n.9$:

    > If I have some reference types and some value types can all of these
    > be saved into a session object ?
    > Can you give me some guidelines or example what is appropriate to save
    > into a session object.

    For the most part, I try not to store in session, as it more likely becomes
    a garbage can that never gets cleaned up. But, if I do store, the idea of
    value types versus reference types is not that important.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Jan 11, 2010

  3. "Gregory A. Beamer" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > "Tony Johansson" <> wrote in
    >
    >> If I have some reference types and some value types can all of these
    >> be saved into a session object ?
    >> Can you give me some guidelines or example what is appropriate to save
    >> into a session object.

    > For the most part, I try not to store in session, as it more likely
    > becomes
    > a garbage can that never gets cleaned up. But, if I do store, the idea of
    > value types versus reference types is not that important.
    >
    > Peace and Grace,
    >
    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)
    >
    > Twitter: @gbworld

    > | Think outside the box! |

    Can you make up something relevant that would be suitable to store in the
    session object.

    //Tony

    Tony Johansson, Jan 11, 2010
  4. "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > "Tony Johansson" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Can you make up something relevant that would be suitable to store in the
    >> session object.

    > Something small which needs to be persisted across pages...
    >

    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVP
    > http://www.markrae.net

    Can you give an example on something small that might be suitable to save
    across pages into a session object .

    //Tony

    Tony Johansson, Jan 12, 2010
  5. Andrew Morton, Jan 12, 2010
  6. Tony Johansson

    Patrice Guest

    Try :
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/session_facade.aspx

    If states are accessed this way, you'll be able to change the backend
    storage pretty much at will.

    --
    Patrice

    groupe de discussion : kmW2n.22$...