about the mud

TheWater

I am intrested aobut the code of mud.
Does any one can tell me how to find / read / write a mud server / client
program with c++ ?
Thanks : )
__________________________________________________________________ Alvis
Jein ICQ#: 334122497 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Wesley J. Landaker

I am intrested aobut the code of mud.
Does any one can tell me how to find / read / write a mud server / client
program with c++ ?
Thanks : )

There are several that I've seen, but I don't recall them off-hand.

Try googling, or the alt.mud.programming newsgroup.

TheWater

Thanks for your reply.
But I can't see any new article in alt.mud.programming.
My outlook tell me "0 news".
By the way, another interestng thing is that microsoft.public.vc.online_help
newsgroup is the same.
Maybe my news server havn't these linkage... ^_^;;
Anyway, thanks for your info.
I'll keep searching.

by Alvis Jien from Taiwan.

Mark K

TheWater said:
Thanks for your reply.
But I can't see any new article in alt.mud.programming.
My outlook tell me "0 news".
By the way, another interestng thing is that microsoft.public.vc.online_help
newsgroup is the same.
Maybe my news server havn't these linkage... ^_^;;
Anyway, thanks for your info.
I'll keep searching.

by Alvis Jien from Taiwan.

You could probably contact the Admins of a Mud and request a copy of
their base source. The Mud that I worked on a few years back was
based upon a MERC MUD base, which was then heavily modified into a
Star Wars Mud.

The MERC MUD base is written in C, but that should give you a good
starting point going forward.