    It is located at :
    /jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/server/webapps/host-manager

    Can anyone give me an explanation?

    david wolf, Aug 15, 2006

  2. david wolf

    Allen Guest

    Allen, Aug 15, 2006

  3. On 15-8-2006 2:45, david wolf wrote:
    > What does tomcat host-manager application do?
    >
    > I am just curious. Becuase I saw manager application and admin
    > application, not sure what host-manager does.
    >
    > It is located at :
    > /jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/server/webapps/host-manager
    >
    > Can anyone give me an explanation?

    For managing virtual hosts. Accessed by the following URL (maybe you'll
    have to change port 8080 to match your installation):
    <http://localhost:8080/host-manager/html>
    Login with your admin username and password.

    Couldn't find much info about it, but from what I understand it has
    something to do with the <Host> tags in the server.xml configuration
    file (/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.x/conf/server.xml). See
    <http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html>
    --
    Regards,

    Roland

    Roland de Ruiter, Aug 15, 2006
  4. david wolf

    Tom Cole Guest

    I think that's the gist of it. The manager helps with Contexts while
    the host manager helps with Hosts.

    Hosts let you map names to Contexts. Let's say you had two domain names
    mapped to the same IP address, it is through Hosts that you could tell
    Tomcat how to use Context A for domain name A and Context B for domain
    name B.

    HTH.

    Tom Cole, Aug 15, 2006