    5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar
    to compile the servlets?
    Please help.

    Sameer, May 31, 2006

  2. Sameer

    IchBin Guest

    Sameer wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I have recently installed Apache Tomcat 5.5 on Windows 2000 OS.
    > How to use the file
    > C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
    > 5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar
    > to compile the servlets?
    > Please help.

    Add the lib to your classpath...

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

    IchBin, May 31, 2006

  3. Sameer

    Sameer Guest

    Thanks!
    Previously I am supposing that CLASSPATH means the name of the folder
    in which .jar files resides.
    Therefore I am adding CLASSPATH as:
    C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\common\lib

    Now I know that I need to add the filename also.
    Thus the CLASSPATH is

    C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
    5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar.

    This is just for information for anybody searching through group.

    Sameer, Jun 8, 2006