About Tomcat: How to use servlet-api.jar

Sameer

Hello,
I have recently installed Apache Tomcat 5.5 on Windows 2000 OS.
How to use the file
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar
to compile the servlets?
Please help.

IchBin

Sameer said:
Hello,
I have recently installed Apache Tomcat 5.5 on Windows 2000 OS.
How to use the file
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar
to compile the servlets?
Please help.
Add the lib to your classpath...

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Sameer

Thanks!
Previously I am supposing that CLASSPATH means the name of the folder
in which .jar files resides.
Therefore I am adding CLASSPATH as:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\common\lib

Now I know that I need to add the filename also.
Thus the CLASSPATH is

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar.

This is just for information for anybody searching through group.