About XML HTTP

Savas Ates

I m getting information with XMLHTTP from 3 sites at the same time. but it
is so slow.. how can i make it faster.. any information or any document
about it.. anyone who know about it..it is about alsa bandwith .. how can i
increase xml http performance. . help me please...

Steven Burn

I've noticed it's terribly slow too (got it connecting to several site's in
a DB and returning their online/offline status)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Mark Schupp

No, actually I think I responded to his question and asked whether he was
using XMLHTTP or XMLServerHTTP but I don't keep old messages so I cannot
remember what he was asking about.

Steven Burn

I m getting information with XMLHTTP from 3 sites at the same time.
but it
is so slow.. how can i make it faster.. any information or any document
about it.. anyone who know about it..it is about alsa bandwith .. how can i
increase xml http performance. . help me please...

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Mark Schupp

Ok,

XMLHTTP was designed for Client-side communication and doesn't work well in
a multi-user environment.Try msxml2.xmlserverhttp instead.

Also, you should do some checking to see where the delays are. If it
actually takes 3 seconds for the remote sites to return the page then there
is nothing you can do on your server to speed it up unless you can cache the
data somewhere.
Do they take 3 seconds if you call them up in your browser?
Do the retrieved pages change for each retrieval?

Savas Ates

hey thanks steven for your helps and Steven do u have online contact ? i
want to ask somethnig you individually..what is your email i cant send you
from that email.or have msn contact... what is the reason of delay... if i
retrieve same page it was cached by iis and how can i cache the results...
the first getting info process can take about 3 or 5 seconds...

Steven Burn

Savas Ates said:
hey thanks steven for your helps and Steven do u have online contact ?

I do :eek:)

http://www.it-mate.co.uk/forum

http://www.it-mate.co.uk/support/contact.asp
i want to ask somethnig you individually..

Tis best to keep it in the newsgroup ;o) (that way, if for some reason, I
say something thats wrong (happens), one of the other kind souls will
correct me and put you on the right track)
what is your email i cant send you from that email.or have msn contact...

I don't do e-mail address's in the newsgroup ;o)
what is the reason of delay...

If your talking about XMLHTTP then to be honest, I've no idea. If I had to,
I'd guess it had something to do with;

1. The server your connecting to
2. Your connection speed (not the server, but your internet connection)
if i retrieve same page it was cached by iis and how can i cache the
results...

You could;

1. Store them in a cookie
2. Store then in a database
3. Store them in a .ini file
the first getting info process can take about 3 or 5 seconds...

Lucky for you (mine takes twice that, and then some)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Savas Ates

hey mark it also for you... please help me... what can i do. and have online
contact...

Mark Schupp

I only go through the newsgroup for this kind of thing.

First, change your createobject calls to use "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP" instead
of "microsoft.XMLHTTP"

If that does not speed things up then the problem is likely in the response
from the remote sites. If the results don't change frequently then you could
cache the information by writing it to a static HTML file. Have your script
check to see when the last time the HTML file was updated and if it is not
"too long" (by whatever criteria is important to you) just redirect to the
HTML file.