    is so slow.. how can i make it faster.. any information or any document
    about it.. anyone who know about it..it is about alsa bandwith .. how can i
    increase xml http performance. . help me please...

    Savas Ates, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Savas Ates

    Steven Burn Guest

    I've noticed it's terribly slow too (got it connecting to several site's in
    a DB and returning their online/offline status)

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    "Savas Ates" <> wrote in message
    > I m getting information with XMLHTTP from 3 sites at the same time. but

    it

    Steven Burn, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Savas Ates

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Are you using XMLHTTP or XMLServerHTTP?

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jun 25, 2004
  4. Savas Ates

    Savas Ates Guest

    Microsoft.XMLHTTP

    Savas Ates, Jun 26, 2004
  5. Savas Ates

    Mark Schupp Guest

    And your original question was?

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jun 28, 2004
  6. Savas Ates

    Steven Burn Guest

    "Mark Schupp" <> wrote in message
    > And your original question was?

    hehe, now thats just cruel <g>

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Savas Ates

    Mark Schupp Guest

    No, actually I think I responded to his question and asked whether he was
    using XMLHTTP or XMLServerHTTP but I don't keep old messages so I cannot
    remember what he was asking about.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Savas Ates

    Steven Burn Guest

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Savas Ates

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Ok,

    XMLHTTP was designed for Client-side communication and doesn't work well in
    a multi-user environment.Try msxml2.xmlserverhttp instead.

    Also, you should do some checking to see where the delays are. If it
    actually takes 3 seconds for the remote sites to return the page then there
    is nothing you can do on your server to speed it up unless you can cache the
    data somewhere.
    Do they take 3 seconds if you call them up in your browser?
    Do the retrieved pages change for each retrieval?

    Mark Schupp, Jun 29, 2004
  10. Savas Ates

    Savas Ates Guest

    hey thanks steven for your helps and Steven do u have online contact ? i
    want to ask somethnig you individually..what is your email i cant send you
    from that email.or have msn contact... what is the reason of delay... if i
    retrieve same page it was cached by iis and how can i cache the results...
    the first getting info process can take about 3 or 5 seconds...

    Savas Ates, Jun 29, 2004
  11. Savas Ates

    Steven Burn Guest

    "Savas Ates" <> wrote in message
    > hey thanks steven for your helps and Steven do u have online contact ?

    I do :eek:)

    http://www.it-mate.co.uk/forum

    http://www.it-mate.co.uk/support/contact.asp

    > i want to ask somethnig you individually..

    Tis best to keep it in the newsgroup ;o) (that way, if for some reason, I
    say something thats wrong (happens), one of the other kind souls will
    correct me and put you on the right track)

    > what is your email i cant send you from that email.or have msn contact...

    I don't do e-mail address's in the newsgroup ;o)

    > what is the reason of delay...

    If your talking about XMLHTTP then to be honest, I've no idea. If I had to,
    I'd guess it had something to do with;

    1. The server your connecting to
    2. Your connection speed (not the server, but your internet connection)

    >if i retrieve same page it was cached by iis and how can i cache the

    results...

    You could;

    1. Store them in a cookie
    2. Store then in a database
    3. Store them in a .ini file

    > the first getting info process can take about 3 or 5 seconds...

    Lucky for you (mine takes twice that, and then some)

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jun 29, 2004
  12. Savas Ates

    Savas Ates Guest

    hey mark it also for you... please help me... what can i do. and have online
    contact...

    Savas Ates, Jun 29, 2004
  13. Savas Ates

    Mark Schupp Guest

    I only go through the newsgroup for this kind of thing.

    First, change your createobject calls to use "MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP" instead
    of "microsoft.XMLHTTP"

    If that does not speed things up then the problem is likely in the response
    from the remote sites. If the results don't change frequently then you could
    cache the information by writing it to a static HTML file. Have your script
    check to see when the last time the HTML file was updated and if it is not
    "too long" (by whatever criteria is important to you) just redirect to the
    HTML file.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development