About xml loading in tomcat webapps.

Discussion in 'Java' started by ramakrishna, Jan 18, 2007.

  1. ramakrishna

    ramakrishna Guest

    Hi all,
    Iam using xml type of loading in tomcat webapps.

    Iam using tomcat 5.0.28 webserver.Iam placing thread.xml file
    in webapps directory with follwing code.

    <Context path="/thread" docBase="applications/thread" debug="0"
    reloadable="true">
    <Manager saveOnRestart="false"
    pathname="/weDoNotWantToPersist" />
    prefix="thread_" suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/>

    </Context>

    Iam placing my directory in webapps/applications/thread
    directory. Problem is tomcat not loading my thread application in
    "applictions/thread" folder.

    But when iam removing thread.xml and copy the "thread" folder in
    "webapps" directory.It is loading the application.

    Please tell the reason why it is not loading the when iam using
    thread.xml in "webapps" directory.
    i.e Does I need to set any tag in server.xml or any other file.

    Thanks In Advance.
    ramakrishna, Jan 18, 2007

  2. ramakrishna wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Iam using xml type of loading in tomcat webapps.
    >
    > Iam using tomcat 5.0.28 webserver.Iam placing thread.xml file
    > in webapps directory with follwing code.
    >
    > <Context path="/thread" docBase="applications/thread" debug="0"
    > reloadable="true">
    > <Manager saveOnRestart="false"
    > pathname="/weDoNotWantToPersist" />
    > <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
    > prefix="thread_" suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/>
    >
    > </Context>
    >
    > Iam placing my directory in webapps/applications/thread
    > directory. Problem is tomcat not loading my thread application in
    > "applictions/thread" folder.
    >
    > But when iam removing thread.xml and copy the "thread" folder in
    > "webapps" directory.It is loading the application.
    >
    > Please tell the reason why it is not loading the when iam using
    > thread.xml in "webapps" directory.
    > i.e Does I need to set any tag in server.xml or any other file.
    >
    > Thanks In Advance.

    I believe you need to set the context in server.xml. Also, I am not
    sure what you are trying to achieve by thread.xml. For tomcat to pick
    up the application, you need to have a web.xml deployment descriptor.
    So, in your case, it'd be $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/threads/WEB-INF/web.xml.
    If there is no WEB-INF or WEB-INF/web.xml, I do not think tomcat will
    even consider your app to be deployable.

    -cheers,
    Manish
    Manish Pandit, Jan 18, 2007