ABSOLUTE amateur question

woody

I have never worked with java before and have what is turning into a huge
problem for me.

In Adobe Acrobat 6, I have 2 cells (A & B). I need cell C to subtract cell
A from cell B.

Acrobat has some built in scripts, but not one for subtraction.

Please help! Its making me crazy & I don't have time to learn a language
for something that should be so simple.

woodyj

Randy Webb

woody said:
I have never worked with java before and have what is turning into a huge
problem for me.

In Adobe Acrobat 6, I have 2 cells (A & B). I need cell C to subtract cell
A from cell B.

C = B + (-1*A).
Acrobat has some built in scripts, but not one for subtraction.

Subtraction is nothing more than adding negative numbers. See above.
Please help! Its making me crazy & I don't have time to learn a language
for something that should be so simple.

One should always endeavor to learn whatever language it is they are
attempting to use.

Evertjan.

woody wrote on 10 okt 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
I have never worked with java before and have what is turning into a
huge problem for me.

Java and Javascript only have the name in common.

This NG is only about javascript, so you have to ask elswhere.
In Adobe Acrobat 6, I have 2 cells (A & B). I need cell C to subtract
cell A from cell B.

Acrobat has some built in scripts, but not one for subtraction.

Please help! Its making me crazy & I don't have time to learn a
language for something that should be so simple.

Usually in whatever language, it is something like:

result = B - A