David Segall

Gux said:
I want to learn Java from the zero.
By myself...
What do I need?
Textpad and a good book?
Any hint?

Thx...
Are you really an "absolute beginner"? If so, learning programming by
learning Java is a formidable task. I would not attempt it without
attending a course or having a mentor.

If you have done some programming then I think the advice you get
would vary according to what you already know. e.g. Are you familiar
with an object oriented language? Have you used a "Visual" environment
like Visual Basic or Delphi? A programming CV would get you much more
useful advice.

Bob X

Gux said:
I want to learn Java from the zero.
By myself...
What do I need?
Textpad and a good book?
Any hint?

Thx...

Good books are preferences really. I have found "Head Start Java" to be
pretty good. It grounds you in OO which is a must for Java. After that I
would go for something like "Java How To Program" because it is gobs and
gobs of code that you have to write. That is how you learn though, writing
gobs and gobs of code.

Robert