absolute path to ImageUrl property .....

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Adam Right, Jan 28, 2008.

  1. Adam Right

    Adam Right Guest

    Hi All,

    I'm developping a site using VS2008 (c#) on IIS 6.0.
    In my application images are not shown by the image control, they are in the
    web server machine and the main folder path is E:\PICTURES.

    If I set the ImageURL property in the code and set it to the absolute path
    of the image, it doesn't show.

    Is it possible to set ImageUrl property for absolute path of a image file,
    like that...

    Image1.ImageUrl = E:\PICTURES\products\st750-4.png

    Any tips?

    Thanks.

    Adam...

    Adam Right, Jan 28, 2008

  2. It must be a virtual path. In other words, relative to the application web
    directory, like Images/myImage.gif

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer