absolute position in FOP and following/preceding text

Discussion in 'XML' started by TadPole, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. TadPole

    TadPole Guest

    I am using FOP to create PDF documents.

    I have the problem where I need to create line of text on a document in
    a certain line (absolute position), then the rest of the text needs to
    follow after that fixed line of text.

    What I am getting is the fixed line of text starting at the correct
    place, but then the rest of the text is then starting at the top of the
    document.

    Is there any way of getting the rest of the text to follow the line of
    the fixed line of text.

    The rest of the text can be in any format, and there may be another
    fixed line of text after the initial one, in these cases the text would
    have to follow the next fixed line of text.

    I am using MATCH templates, and cannot use for-each.

    XML example

    <fixed text 1>
    <text>bla fixed 1</text>
    <fixed text 1>