absolute position

Discussion in 'HTML' started by APT, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. APT

    APT Guest

    Sorry to post so much recently, I am at wits end with what should be a
    simple process :(

    I am trying to absolute position a nav bar over a table. I have done this in
    dozens of other sites but for some reason the nav won't line up in FF for
    this site.

    It works fine in IE. Where am I going wrong?

    Here's the site:
    http://www.hainesdolphins.org/kayak/html/index.php

    Here's the CS (from listamatic), though tweaked with the obsolute
    positioning:

    #navcontainer ul
    {
    position: absolute;
    top: 124px;
    padding-left: 20px;
    margin-left: 0;
    color: #fff;
    height: 12px;
    font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px;
    z-index: 5;
    }

    #navcontainer ul li
    {
    display: inline;
    }

    #navcontainer ul li a
    {
    padding: 0em 1em;
    float: left;
    color: #fff;
    text-decoration: none;
    border-right: 1px solid #fff;
    }

    #navcontainer ul li a:hover
    {
    background-color: #369;
    color: #fff;
    }

    Here's the HTML:
    <ul>
    </ul>

    Thanks.
    APT, Apr 4, 2005

  2. APT

    APT Guest

    "APT" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry to post so much recently, I am at wits end with what should be a
    > simple process :(
    >
    > I am trying to absolute position a nav bar over a table. I have done this
    > in dozens of other sites but for some reason the nav won't line up in FF
    > for this site.
    >
    > It works fine in IE. Where am I going wrong?

    Boy if I could take back one question this would be it. Sometimes you get so
    caught up in doing things one way you forget to look at easier possibilites.

    I simply skipped the whole absolute pos stuff and stuck the <div> in the
    table.

    Who woulda thunk it...
    APT, Apr 4, 2005