    Please email me at

    Regarda
    Indi

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZW50IHNpdGUgZGxsIGluIHZic2NyaXB0?=, Jun 13, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZW50IHNpdGUgZGxsIGluIHZic2NyaXB0?=

    Patrice Guest

    Not clear...

    You can't use a client side server side (is this what you mean by "aspx
    page").

    You could use this DLL client side (from JavaScript code rendered by the
    ASPX page and sent to the client) as long as security allows this (for
    example Microsoft.XMLHttp). If not you may have to adjust security settings
    (for example putting the site in the trusted zone)...

    Describing what you are trying to do may help...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jun 13, 2006

  3. Hi:
    I am on local intranet.I have one dll installed on each client machine,which
    takes some parameter and print out the report.I have one asp.net
    application.In that on one aspx page there is Print button.On clicking this,i
    want code to run in javascript or vbscript to make object of dll,call its
    function and pass the parameter nad gets job done.But when i am using
    createobject() in vbscript then is is telling automation cannot create object.
    I am not sure ,what is basic procedure to run the dll.
    Please tell me the solution
    Regards
    Indi

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZW50IHNpdGUgZGxsIGluIHZic2NyaXB0?=, Jun 14, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZW50IHNpdGUgZGxsIGluIHZic2NyaXB0?=

    Patrice Guest

    Is the DLL registered correctly on each client machine ? (use regsvr32 if
    needed). You can also use a local vbscript file to test if instanciation
    works correctly...

    If the DLL is property registered client side this is because by default a
    web site can't create a non safe object (one that could print out, save/read
    files etc...). (but IMO it fails silently so I would rather think for now
    that the DLL is not correctly registered). In this case a possible solution
    is to put your site in the trusted zone. This way the user will have a
    prompt when the web page tries to instanciate this non safe object. You can
    customize the zone settings so that this prompt doesn't show up any more.

    --
    Patrice

    de news: ...

    Patrice, Jun 14, 2006
  5. Hi:
    I made one classlibrary libsum in vb.net,In that there is one class
    clsSum.In that i have written on simple function Add.I make dll
    libsum.dll.When i am using regsvr32 libsum.dll ,then it is telling libsum.dll
    loaded,
    DllRegisterserver entry point not found,the file can not be registered.I
    guess that does not make any difference.Now i made a web application WebSum
    on localhost.I added localhost as trusted sites in Interner
    explorer setting.Now i define libsum.dll as object in aspx page like this
    <OBJECT ID="VSTwain1" WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1
    CLASSID="http://localhost/websum/libsum.dll"
    CODEBASE="http://localhost/websum/libsum.dll">
    </OBJECT>

    I placed libsum.dll in root folder of the websum application.

    Now in javascript function.
    In alert(VSTwain1)
    i am getting [object]

    But when i am accessing VSTwain1.Add method
    Then it is giving eror message object does not support this property or
    method.

    Note:
    websum is web based application
    libsum.dll is class library with project name as libsum and class name as
    clsSum
    and function as Add()

    I hope u have understood the problem.

    Please tell me the solution

    Regards
    Indi

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpZW50IHNpdGUgZGxsIGluIHZic2NyaXB0?=, Jun 14, 2006