    stuff. Does anybody know about it ?

    May be Andrew Koenig can tell something about it.
    , Feb 15, 2007

  2. John Ratliff Guest

    wrote:
    > I went to www.acceleratedcpp.com to check the source code and it
    > looked like some commercial site with advertisements. Previously, it
    > used to show the book title, source code and errata and miscellaneous
    > stuff. Does anybody know about it ?
    >
    > May be Andrew Koenig can tell something about it.

    Unless you have reason to believe he frequents this group, I don't see
    the relevance of posting here.

    Why don't you contact the publisher or try to find Andrew Koenig himself?

    --John Ratliff
    John Ratliff, Feb 15, 2007

  3. In message <>, John
    Ratliff <> writes
    > wrote:
    >> I went to www.acceleratedcpp.com to check the source code and it
    >> looked like some commercial site with advertisements. Previously, it
    >> used to show the book title, source code and errata and miscellaneous
    >> stuff. Does anybody know about it ?
    >> May be Andrew Koenig can tell something about it.

    >Unless you have reason to believe he frequents this group, I don't see
    >the relevance of posting here.

    He does.

    Starting the search from www.acceleratedcpp.com, presumably?

    --
    Richard Herring
    Richard Herring, Feb 15, 2007
  4. * :
    > I went to www.acceleratedcpp.com to check the source code and it
    > looked like some commercial site with advertisements. Previously, it
    > used to show the book title, source code and errata and miscellaneous
    > stuff. Does anybody know about it ?
    >
    > May be Andrew Koenig can tell something about it.

    The same question was raised recently in [comp.lang.c++.moderated] and
    was answered by Andrew there. Essentially, the publishers forgot to
    renew the domain. He posted a link to a copy of the original site; use
    some news archive (e.g. Google groups) to find it, and please also post
    it here. ;-)

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Feb 15, 2007
  5. Richard Herring <junk@[127.0.0.1]> writes:

    >>Why don't you contact the publisher or try to find Andrew Koenig himself?

    > Starting the search from www.acceleratedcpp.com, presumably?

    I suggest you take a look at the posting in comp.lang.c++.moderated from
    February 5th on the exactly same subject and rest assured that Mr. Koenig
    has already replied a day later.

    Thomas
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thomas_H=FChn?=, Feb 15, 2007
  6. Gavin Deane Guest

    On 15 Feb, 12:26, "Alf P. Steinbach" <> wrote:
    > * :
    >
    > > I went towww.acceleratedcpp.comto check the source code and it
    > > looked like some commercial site with advertisements. Previously, it
    > > used to show the book title, source code and errata and miscellaneous
    > > stuff. Does anybody know about it ?

    > > May be Andrew Koenig can tell something about it.

    > The same question was raised recently in [comp.lang.c++.moderated] and
    > was answered by Andrew there. Essentially, the publishers forgot to
    > renew the domain. He posted a link to a copy of the original site; use
    > some news archive (e.g. Google groups) to find it, and please also post
    > it here. ;-)

    The relevant clc++m post (beware line wrap):
    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/co...nk=gst&q=koenig&rnum=3&hl=en#290ebc92fc2ad74f

    And the link itself
    http://web.archive.org/web/20060524173252/http://www.acceleratedcpp.com/

    Gavin Deane