    Amal Guest

    Where and how can I get a copy of this?

    -- Amal

    Amal, Jun 15, 2007

  2. By the way, what is Accellera VHDL 2006?

    Rodrigo Ribeiro, Jun 15, 2007

  3. Amal

    Amal Guest

    On Jun 15, 10:14 am, Rodrigo Ribeiro <>
    wrote:
    > By the way, what is Accellera VHDL 2006?
    >
    > Amal wrote:
    > > Where and how can I get a copy of this?

    > > -- Amal

    The new proposed VHDL standard from Accellera that has been sent to
    IEEE for approval. Check out www.accellera.org for more information.

    -- Amal

    Amal, Jun 15, 2007
  4. Amal

    HT-Lab Guest

    HT-Lab, Jun 15, 2007
  5. Amal

    Amal Guest

    On Jun 15, 11:14 am, "HT-Lab" <> wrote:
    > "Amal" <> wrote in message

    > > On Jun 15, 10:14 am, Rodrigo Ribeiro <>
    > > wrote:
    > >> By the way, what is Accellera VHDL 2006?

    > > The new proposed VHDL standard from Accellera that has been sent to
    > > IEEE for approval. Check outwww.accellera.orgfor more information.

    > > -- Amal

    > Try this link,
    >
    > http://www.accellera.org/apps/group_public/download.php/289/LRM-SC-to...
    >
    > Hanswww.ht-lab.com

    Thanks Hans, but I cannot seem to find package generics and
    unconstrained composites! Are they not part of the 2006 standard?

    -- Amal

    Amal, Jun 15, 2007
  6. Amal

    HT-Lab Guest

    "Amal" <> wrote in message
    > On Jun 15, 11:14 am, "HT-Lab" <> wrote:
    >> "Amal" <> wrote in message

    ...snip..

    >> Try this link,
    >>
    >> http://www.accellera.org/apps/group_public/download.php/289/LRM-SC-to...
    >>
    >> Hanswww.ht-lab.com

    > Thanks Hans, but I cannot seem to find package generics and
    > unconstrained composites! Are they not part of the 2006 standard?
    >
    > -- Amal

    Hi Amal,

    Yes you are right, the zip file seems to contain an old draft version of the
    LRM. I downloaded a version last year (IEEE P1076/D3.0, June 20,2006) which
    contains section on both constructs. I have no idea why the old version is
    on the website, perhaps Jim Lewis can comment on this?

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, Jun 15, 2007
  7. Amal

    Jim Lewis Guest

    Hans and Amal,
    IEEE rules do not let Accellera give away drafts
    of the standard since IEEE owns the copyright.

    The draft standards are available to Accellera
    VHDL technical subcomittee members for the purposes of
    TSC activity (including review).
    If you are interested in participating, you can
    enroll through the Accellera webpage (note one does
    not need to be an Accellera member to be a TSC
    member).

    Best Regards,
    Jim

    Jim Lewis, Jun 16, 2007