Accellera VHDL 2006 LRM

HT-Lab

Amal said:
Thanks Hans, but I cannot seem to find package generics and
unconstrained composites! Are they not part of the 2006 standard?

-- Amal

Hi Amal,

Yes you are right, the zip file seems to contain an old draft version of the
LRM. I downloaded a version last year (IEEE P1076/D3.0, June 20,2006) which
contains section on both constructs. I have no idea why the old version is
on the website, perhaps Jim Lewis can comment on this?

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Jim Lewis

Hans and Amal,
IEEE rules do not let Accellera give away drafts
of the standard since IEEE owns the copyright.

The draft standards are available to Accellera
VHDL technical subcomittee members for the purposes of
TSC activity (including review).
If you are interested in participating, you can
enroll through the Accellera webpage (note one does
not need to be an Accellera member to be a TSC
member).

Best Regards,
Jim