AcceptChanges

Marc

Hello,

I am studying some ASP.NET and I have a, probably dumb, question on the
AcceptChanges method of DataSet and DataRow. From what I am reading, I
cannot really decide if either this method is used to actually really
initiate the physical writing to the datastore, or if it just changes the
rowstate and current version and original version to a situation where these
properties indicate that everything is saved, but only that, it does not
have the task of actually saving the new data.

Marc Wentink

Marc

Marc said:
From what I am reading, I cannot really decide if either this method is
used to actually really initiate the physical writing to the datastore

Ok. To the best of what I have read so far, it seems AcceptChanges just
adjusts the administration for you, but it does not save or initiates a save
to the database itself. It would be nice if somebody could confirm that.