Accepting HTTP Post

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Raj, Oct 10, 2003.

  1. Raj

    Raj Guest

    Hi,

    I was wondering if it is straightforward to allow someone to post an XML
    file to a Perl-CGI script on a web server and storing that file on the web
    server?

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks in advance!

    Regards
    --
    Raj Kothary :: one|concept
    http://www.oneconcept.net

    + 44 (0)79 5647 2746

    oneconcept limited :: 2nd Floor West, 3-4A Little Portland Street, London
    W1A 5AG

    Confidentiality notice:
    The information transmitted in this email and/or any attached document(s) is
    confidential and intended only for the person or entity to which it is
    addressed and may contain privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
    delete the material from any computer.

    Raj, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Raj

    J. Gleixner Guest

    Raj wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if it is straightforward to allow someone to post an XML
    > file to a Perl-CGI script on a web server and storing that file on the web
    > server?

    Yes

    > Can anyone help?

    Documentation is the first stop.

    perldoc CGI

    Storing the data will require the correct permissions, but you'd send
    XML just like you'd send any other string of data or file of data. If
    you have an file, in XML, that you'd like to upload, look in the CGI
    docs for "filefield".

    J. Gleixner, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Raj

    Guest

    "Raj" <> wrote in message news:<bm64fh$3p0$1$>...
    > I was wondering if it is straightforward to allow someone to post an XML
    > file to a Perl-CGI script on a web server and storing that file on the web
    > server?

    Do you really mean a raw post post of an XML file (like a SOAP client
    would), not post an HTML form response containing a file field
    containing an XML file?

    Anyhow the file type is irrelevant.

    For HTML file fields use the CGI module.

    For a raw file post do not use the CGI module, just use File::Copy
    from \*STDIN.

    , Oct 10, 2003