    tips, hints, caveats or code you would like to share?

    TIA,

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Sep 9, 2009

  2. On Sep 9, 1:31 pm, Ramon F Herrera <> wrote:
    > (I tried to post this in the Boost NG but the NNTP access failed)
    >
    > In every case I have implemented some server before, it has been based
    > on somebody else's code (Oracle, etc.).
    >
    > Since now I need two programs of mine to perform IPC, I am considering
    > implementing an UDP or TCP server which listens on some port.
    >
    > I have less than a week experience with Boost, but I am already a
    > convert. What a great set of libraries!
    >
    > Has anyone out there used the Boost IPC facilities? Are there any
    > tips, hints, caveats or code you would like to share?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > -Ramon

    The Boost IPC/networking library provides plenty of examples, such as
    a time server which can be modified for one's purposes.

    Sample code is provided for several variations: client and server, UDP
    and TCP, asynchronous and synchronous.

    Everything looks very straightforward. Kudos and thanks to the folks
    in charge of Boost.

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Sep 10, 2009