Accesing db through odbc bridge using tomcat5.5

ruds

Hi,
I have installed tomcat5.5 and jdk1.6 on my machine which has Windows
server2003 as OS.
I'm not able to clearly underdstand the steps in tomcat docs for
connecting to database using jdbc-odbc bridge and the changes to be
made in different files.
Can someone tell me detailed and clear steps for connecting to an ms
access database through jsp?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

thatiparthysreenivas

Hi,
I have installed tomcat5.5 and jdk1.6 on my machine which has Windows
server2003 as OS.
I'm not able to clearly underdstand the steps in tomcat docs for
connecting to database using jdbc-odbc bridge and the changes to be
made in different files.
Can someone tell me detailed and clear steps for connecting to an ms
access database through jsp?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I want to know which IDE you are using ? if it is Eclipse IDE there is
no need to go for tomcat ,just download the JBoss App server from
JBoss.org , then click on the project which u created then go to
properties include the folder of JBoss .then it works.I dont know
about MS access.i know only about ORACLE

Sreenivas

I want to know which IDE you are using ? if it is Eclipse IDE there is
no need to go for tomcat ,just download the JBoss App server from
JBoss.org , then click on the project which u created then go to
properties include the folder of JBoss .then it works.I dont know
about MS access.i know only about ORACLE
Hey tomcat 5.5 doesnot support jdk 1.6 ,only jdk 1.5 it will support.

ruds

That isn't so.

Ok.So now I've changed my DSN fron User DSN to system DSN, but still
I'm getting the same error.
What changes will I have to make for this to work?

Andrew Thompson

ruds wrote:
...So now I've changed my DSN fron User DSN to system DSN, but still
I'm getting the same error.

TooManyKittensException?
What changes will I have to make for this to work?

..Spay the cat (or desex every tom in the district).

For any other problems besides a TMKE, perhpas it
would be more productive* for you to specifically name
the exception or error you are getting.

* Certainly more productive than reposting the same
questions, almost word for word, on new threads.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.physci.org/

Arne Vajhøj

ruds said:
I have installed tomcat5.5 and jdk1.6 on my machine which has Windows
server2003 as OS.
I'm not able to clearly underdstand the steps in tomcat docs for
connecting to database using jdbc-odbc bridge and the changes to be
made in different files.
Can someone tell me detailed and clear steps for connecting to an ms
access database through jsp?

Have you read:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

?