Accesing embedded controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by ozgur develioglu, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I've a DropDownList in the header part of a template column, but I can't
    learn what value is selected with it. Here is my code:

    <asp:TemplateColumn>
    <HeaderStyle BorderWidth="1px"
    BorderColor="#585D70"></HeaderStyle>
    <HeaderTemplate>
    Gösterilen:&nbsp;
    <asp:DropDownList id="ddlPageItemCount" runat="server"
    Width="40px" OnSelectedIndexChanged="deneme"
    AutoPostBack="True">
    <asp:ListItem Value="10"></asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Value="20"></asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Value="50"></asp:ListItem>
    </asp:DropDownList>
    </HeaderTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateColumn>

    I've tried:
    DropDownList ddl= (DropDownList) FindControl("ddlPageItemCount");

    but ddl becomes null;
    Please help!!!

    ozgur develioglu, Jul 21, 2003