Accesing frames from a video capture card with C

Juan Crespo

Dear Sirs:

My name is Juan Crespo and I write you from Spain, I work as application
developer in Industrial Automation in Spain. We have as customer a company
that wants to reuse old computers for certain vision applications. The
computers have a ASUS AGP-V385GX2 video capture card.

I develop my applications in National Instruments LabWindows/CVI (C
language Development Environment used in engineering applications) So I am
searching the way that I can communicate with the video capture card using
C. I need to put the captured frame directly in memory. And, according to
the information that I have readed, this is very difficult in the standard
API. I have the card drivers but I have any type of documentation, so I
dont know how could my applications comunicate with the video capture card.

Please, could you help me? I am searching for a C-based code that
allows to capture singles frames directly in memory for processing in
standard capture cards, or some info that allows me to know the way to
comunicate with the card . If you could help me I will thank you very much.
I would appreciate it very much if you could answer to my email
([email protected]).

Thank you very much for the time you spent in reading this email, and
sorry for my bad english. Anyway, if I could help you in anything you
need, dont hesitate in email me and I will help you. In addition to my
work of developing automation applications, I work in a university
scientific research group, and my work is related to the development of
High Order Neural Networks and automatic attention schema.

Yours sincerely

Juan Luís Crespo
(e-mail address removed)

Mike Wahler

Juan Crespo said:
[...]

This cannot be done with the standard C language, the
only topic here. BTW it cannot be done without proper
documentation either.

Why not ask the manufacturer? It took me only seconds to
find:
http://www.asus.com/index.htm
I would appreciate it very much if you could answer to my email

This is a public forum. Post here, read here.

-Mike

Morris Dovey

Juan said:
I develop my applications in National Instruments
LabWindows/CVI (C language Development Environment used in
engineering applications) So I am searching the way that I can
communicate with the video capture card using C. I need to put
the captured frame directly in memory. And, according to the
information that I have readed, this is very difficult in the
standard API. I have the card drivers but I have any type of
documentation, so I dont know how could my applications
comunicate with the video capture card.

Please, could you help me? I am searching for a C-based code
that allows to capture singles frames directly in memory for
processing in standard capture cards, or some info that allows
me to know the way to comunicate with the card.

Juan...

The newsgroups you want are and another
related the system environment in which you run LabWindows.

By the way, your English needs no apology.