Accesing SQL Count Via ASP

aaronandbree

I have been searching the boards trying to find an answer to this
question and no luck. I am using a query similar to this:

Select count(col1) from table1

I was having a hard time accessing the count information. After
reading for a while the following SQL examples were given to correct
this issue.

Select count(col1) Blah from table1
Select count(col1) As Blah from table1

Then, supposedly, I am able to access the data using the following:
rsQuery("Blah")
- or -
rsQuery(0)

Neither the rsQuery("Blah") or rsQuery(0) allows me to access the data.
I get the following error.

Provider error '80020009'

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
status value, if available. No work was done.

/CallLeveraging/assets/forms/adhoc_popup.asp, line 0