Accesing SQL Count Via ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by aaronandbree@gmail.com, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have been searching the boards trying to find an answer to this
    question and no luck. I am using a query similar to this:

    Select count(col1) from table1

    I was having a hard time accessing the count information. After
    reading for a while the following SQL examples were given to correct
    this issue.

    Select count(col1) Blah from table1
    Select count(col1) As Blah from table1

    Then, supposedly, I am able to access the data using the following:
    rsQuery("Blah")
    - or -
    rsQuery(0)

    Neither the rsQuery("Blah") or rsQuery(0) allows me to access the data.
    I get the following error.

    Provider error '80020009'

    Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
    status value, if available. No work was done.

    /CallLeveraging/assets/forms/adhoc_popup.asp, line 0

    The database is Oracle 9 and IIS 6 is the webserver.

    Anyone have any ideas at all? Thank you in advance!
    , Jul 25, 2006